[NL2-NL10] QQ preflop

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $19.05 (190.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      SB: $7.39 (73.9 bb)
      BB: $16.06 (160.6 bb)
      UTG: $65.60 (656 bb)
      MP: $7.70 (77 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.15) 8 6 3 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.55) Q (2 players)
      CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($5.55) T (2 players)
      CO bets $4, Hero raises to $7.80 and is all-in, CO folds

Results:
      $13.55 pot ($0.90 rake)
      Final Board: 8 6 3 Q T
      CO mucked and lost (-$6.65 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and won $12.65 ($6.00 net)

Hi,

I am not sure how to play QQ VS unknown.
      If I 3bet preflop, what should I do VS 4bet? go broke?
      If I call, do I call again Flop if Axx;
      As played, is that good to raise cbet in this Flop?
      Do you think a shove on the River is bad? I don't think any worse hand will call my River shove except villain think that I shove with missed draw but people will usually give up if miss the draws.

Thanks.
  • 8 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I would as a default 3b here, as I expect villian calling with worse and we will be playing IP what is awesome as we put him in a very tough spot.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saren113
      I would as a default 3b here, as I expect villian calling with worse and we will be playing IP what is awesome as we put him in a very tough spot.
      hi,
      what you will do if he 4bet?
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Well it depend on dynamics ofc, but my default play would be either to 5b or to 5b shove. But that's no good idea if he can't get in TT+ and AK pre.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      At 6 max, 100 bb deep BTN vs CO I always 3-bet go broke.

Villain can have 4-bet bluffs and even versus QQ+, AK we have decent equity. Plus we will collect the pot preflop a LOT.

Since we under represented our hand preflop we can always raise flop for value, especially if our image is aggressive.

As played there isn't much more to add as turn and river become easy.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Villain can have 4-bet bluffs and even versus QQ+, AK we have decent equity. Plus we will collect the pot preflop a LOT.

Since we under represented our hand preflop we can always raise flop for value, especially if our image is aggressive.

Hi BogdanPS,

how about BTN/CO vs UTG?
      As played, what worse hand range you expect villain will call?

Thanks.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I am not sure how to play QQ VS unknown.

3bet. Reasons always differ situation to situation. In this one seems like MP (probable fish) limped and CO tried to isolate. If you 3 bet here you will most of the time take the pot down right there right then. Notice in future if CO had been isolating MP or other limpers you'll know better what to do with 3bets.

If I 3bet preflop, what should I do VS 4bet? go broke?

My decision depends on the opponent but since he is unknown all the info I can get is from the situation. In this case I think he's isolating fish, if he 4bets I would shove and look him up and make a note.

If I call, do I call again Flop if Axx;

This is actually a bit complicated. If you just call preflop then on this flop depends on the other cards too. If its dry I might actually float, call flop and see the turn if he checks I bet and take it down, if he bets turn I fold. If flop is monotone and you have a FD then you can just play the hand like a draw. If you don't have a draw then just give it up. So many situations make it complicated. Depends on how much equity you think you have on the flop.

BTW had you 3bet preflop and he calls and flop is Axx then its time to play way ahead and way behind most of the times.

Do you think a shove on the River is bad? I don't think any worse hand will call my River shove except villain think that I shove with missed draw but people will usually give up if miss the draws.

I don't think its bad, you had to get value, besides your shove was just a min raise, not like you had any control on the sizing.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      BTW people at NL 10 don't really 4bet bluff a lot. I won't say move in with QQ everytime, it really depends on the situation and the opponent. There will be times when I'll gladly 3bet and give up to a 4bet in these same positions.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Hi BogdanPS,

how about BTN/CO vs UTG?
      As played, what worse hand range you expect villain will call?

Thanks.
      BTN/CO vs UTG is more of call for QQ unless villain is fishy or aggressive (4bet bluffs).

Considering how much money has gone into the pot already I can see villain making the mistake of calling of with Qx and of course sets/2p.