BTN: $12.00
      SB: $14.06
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $26.51
      MP: $22.33
      Hero (CO): $25.98

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:spade: Q:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, BB raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.10, 2 players) T:diamond: 6:heart: A:spade:
      BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($8.10, 2 players) 4:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.85, BB calls $3.85

River: ($15.80, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $9.75...

very few hands on villain, but i "know" that he's a good aggressive reg, at least for these stakes.

i want to make him fold all his weak Ax and KK-QQ on the river. think i could have done that with a slightly smaller bet though, my sizings are definitely weird :P

also, preflop, flop, turn :P
      call pre? would we want to check behind this turn ever? thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Tomaloc,

Pre flop, we're min raising our entire range here? Why is this? Have you extended your range or? I think I prefer 3x from the cut off, 2x from the button.

Definitely not folding pre flop, I mean it adds to 20 and its suited. No brainer!

Whilst flop is a standard call, vs this very small sizing I think attacking and going for a raise to say 6.30 would mean he ONLY continues with ax+ and would fold 10x, jj, qq and KK. He also has hands like KJ/KQ that we are more than happy if he folds.

On the turn I would bet as you did and hope he folds the range ^ although it is 1) cheaper, 2) more effective (he folds more on flop than turn)

so therefore raising flop >> floating flop betting turn.

On the river think sizing is pretty cool. From a pyschological point of view, I think he's less likely to call 10.25 than 9.75 if he has Ax.

#doubledigitsman!

Whatdya think?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, i am actually minraising entire range and opening wide from the cutoff, stats say 40% :f_eek:
      i am pretty convinced that i'm not making profit with a lot of that, but i've been having trouble with restraining myself from clicking "raise" when i see any pretty hand or a nit on the button. :f_biggrin: FML

postflop - i like #1, i just thought it was quite unbalanced as i think i have no value raising range on this flop.
      i think i really shouldn't care though as it's nl25 and i'm unknown to him, he just can't continue with nothing

otr i also think just avoiding double digits is best bluff sizing when possible :f_biggrin:
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Whilst flop is a standard call, vs this very small sizing I think attacking and going for a raise to say 6.30 would mean he ONLY continues with ax+ and would fold 10x, jj, qq and KK. He also has hands like KJ/KQ that we are more than happy if he folds.
      Would you ever be raising this flop with Ax or any other value hands?
      I often get in situations like this when I think villain is FOS but I rep nothing by raising.

Or does it not matter since it's NL25 as Tomoloc mentioned?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Exactly at NL25 we should be trying to look at exploits such as small bet sizings or other signs of weakness to go for the pot.

Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't just be raising 78s randomly here, having a gutshot and a back door flush draw is fine though :)