Hero (BTN): $56.00
      SB: $6.68
      BB: $28.00
      UTG: $20.28
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $29.10

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 8:heart: 7:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.25, fold, fold, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85, 2 players) 5:spade: J:spade: 3:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.85, 2 players) K:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets $4.00, MP calls $4.00

River: ($17.85, 2 players) 2:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $17.00...

villain is unknown reg.

from his overall timings i just felt that he didn't have "it" when he called turn.
      in any case, what do you think about overall? do you think is it worth to fire these boards with pretty much 0 equity?

if fire this turn, super obvious fire river to try to make him fold Q and stuff like T Tx, right?

what do you think on turn/river sizings?
      this is most likely not how i play my Ax but i don't think i should be too worried about balancing on SH25 FF, also it's not like this is a spot that comes super often anyway
  • 5 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Tomaloc,

Hows the Friday night grinding going?

Pre flop is really interesting and although the post flop is what you would like to speak about, I'd like to talk about pre flop a little bit and find out about your game plan there.

What kind of hands are you flatting vs an MP range (unknown villain) and what are you 3betting?

To be continued...

As played. I think that on the river if your "feeling" is that he doesn't have it then we should go slightly smaller, I think 15 = 17 so why not save 8bbs on our bluffs? It's really important that when you disregard balance you really optimize your bet sizings, meaning when you're going for value you add the extras on and when you are going to bluff think if his calling frequencies and ranges will change if we bet a certain size different.

I don't want to put you off pulling this third barrel because I think intuition in poker is really important and that we should always follow our first instinct and not double guess ourselves. So I'm going to say well played here but remember to think about adding or taking away a few bbs to further exploit our opponents.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i actually am not playing, i reaaaaaaaally should since it's friday and we NEVER lose on fridays... but overall conditions just say that i shouldn't be playing :P
      these are some slightly old hands (3 days or so) :P

on preflop, yeah that's interesting.
      it's unknowns so i do it kinda randomly depending on mood :f_biggrin:

when "feeling good" i 3bet AK, QQ+ and just about everything suited connectors and Kx/Ax blockers, sometimes some good one-gappers.
      calling something like pocket pairs, suited broadways and AQ, KQ.

nice point on river sizing :f_biggrin:
      what on turn sizing? does the general idea make enough of sense?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Yeah nobody loses on a Friday (Except for me) It's always good to go over old hands anyway, cool.

Cool, I was just trying to see if you had a very weak calling range pre flop that just contained pocket pairs as it could be a problem, but your ranges actually look pretty perfect, so thats cool.

I think at smaller stakes we should 3bet 1010/JJ though as people really don't like folding and if they have 22-99 they will likely continue.

Turn sizing is fine, we get a lot of hands to fold the turn that we beat if you wanted to be reallllllllllllly fancy you could bet $4.69 to create some form of illusion of a larget bet sizing, but it isn't a big thing.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think that i am not good enough to play JJ-TT in 3bet pots ;(
      i also think that these are "old" assumptions that i may be well be able to break through now though, so thanks and i'll start with JJ :f_biggrin:

@hand i was right, he had Q Q... :f_biggrin:
      he didn't think too much though. not too sure if he thought i was FOS or if he's just a station :f_frown: don't remember my timings
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i think that i am not good enough to play JJ-TT in 3bet pots ;(
      i also think that these are "old" assumptions that i may be well be able to break through now though, so thanks and i'll start with JJ :f_biggrin:

@hand i was right, he had Q Q... :f_biggrin:
      he didn't think too much though. not too sure if he thought i was FOS or if he's just a station :f_frown: don't remember my timings
      Ok well then you should post some hands of jj/tt in 3bet pots and we can work on it.

Ah well, nevermind remember to make a note that he called 2nd nuts 2 streets on 4 flush and that he flat called overpair on 3 flush flop.