This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 JJ in min3bpot

• kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      €0.12/€0.25 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG kymupa (€24.51) 98bb
      UTG+1 Player1 (€26.65) 107bb
      CO Player2 (€22.62) 90bb
      BTN Player3 (€2.61) 10bb
      SB Player4 (€26.69) 107bb
      BB Player5 (€24.01) 96bb

Pre-Flop: (€0.37, 6 players) kymupa is UTG J:heart: J:diamond:
      kymupa raises to €0.75, 4 folds, Player5 raises to €1.25, kymupa calls €0.50

Flop: J:spade: 9:diamond: Q:heart: (€2.62, 2 players)
      Player5 bets €0.50, kymupa raises to €2.50, Player5 calls €2

Turn: K:spade: (€7.62, 2 players)
      Player5 checks, kymupa checks

River: 2:spade: (€7.62, 2 players)
      Player5 bets €1, kymupa raises to €4, Player5 calls €3

Final Pot: €15.62

Hi.

Villian was 48/7 with 2% 3b over 150hands.

Preflop I don't like 4bet/go broke so I decided just to call.

This flop is good for me so I raise him (probably could raise bigger?).

As I look at it now the turn doesn't really change much, because I don't expect him to have any Tx so bet Turn bet River?

River is an easy raise I guess.
  • 3 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Kymupa,

Pretty interesting spot.

I think pre flop is ok. Vs a passive player 4bet and then 6betting all in is probably not going to be great.

On the flop I agree we should raise, I do think he is raise/folding or raise/calling no matter on the sizing so I'd just make it $3 as standard, but $2.50 obviously fine too.

Turn is close, don't you think we can get a little bit of value, maybe he has all the AK combos then bet small ott with 2 overcards and a straight draw?

Checking back is ok, when we do I would call a medium sized bet, fold to a big sized bet and raise a donk bet as I think his hand strength will be indicative to his bet sizing.
    • kriko92
      kriko92
      Bronze
      We're playing vs fish 48/7 with 2% 3bet. Do you think he ever has anything different than AK on the turn? He doesn't have straights because he won't 3bet Tx, he doesn't have QQ+ because I don't think he will minbet/call flop with them.
      And as fish don't usually fold TPTK I don't think check behind turn is good option. Also I'd raise river bigger for the same reasons.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Whilst he may not fold the turn, he will likely call the river when we bet so I think we get the same amount of value.

But yeah as I said in my reply, he has enough AK combos to make the turn a clear value bet.