Stacks:
      UTG Player5 (€32.89) 132bb
      UTG+1 Player6 (€25) 100bb
      CO Player1 (€50.26) 201bb
      BTN kymupa (€30.68) 123bb
      SB Player3 (€25) 100bb
      BB Player4 (€45.26) 181bb

Pre-Flop: (€0.37, 6 players) kymupa is BTN A:diamond: J:spade:
      3 folds, kymupa raises to €0.62, Player3 raises to €2.12, 1 fold, kymupa calls €1.50

Flop: Q:spade: 2:club: 5:spade: (€4.49, 2 players)
      Player3 bets €2.50, kymupa calls €2.50

Turn: 4:diamond: (€9.49, 2 players)
      Player3 bets €5, kymupa calls €5

River: 2:spade: (€19.49, 2 players)
      Player3 checks, kymupa bets €21.06, Player3 folds

Final Pot: €19.49

kymupa wins €60.66 (net +€29.98)

Player3 lost €9.62

Hi.

Villian is 22/19 with 8% 3b (13% in SB) and he cbets in 3b pot 92% and bets the turn 50% overall (I don't have bet turn in 3b pot in my HUD).

So preflop I think calling is fine. If it was ATo I was folding though or 4betting.

He bets a lot on the flop so I can usually have the best hand here. Only problem is that I don't really expect him to be betting once and the c/f on the turn so my plan was to call flop, then cal most of the turn cards (which either give me some equity or are blanks) and reevaluate river.

The turn doesn't really change much so sticking to my plan I call.

On the river I think shoving is way better that checking back. He seemed to me more like an ABC player so I don't really expect him to c/c with sth like JJ or Qx here, and I don't expect him to check with flush so I decided to shove to make fold hands like Qx (too ambitious?) and hands like TT/JJ/AK.
  • 5 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Kymupa,

I think AJ has pretty poor playability. If the flop is Ace high he is unlilely to bet 2 streets as a bluff and I think people bluff J/Q high boards more than Ace high. I also think people are usually very inclined to 4bet and 3bet alot but not to 5bet jam. I think in this case we should probably 4bet fold AJ/A10 at NL25 and call KQ/KJ/QJ.

What do you think about calling AA/KK vs this opponent pre flop and trying to get tricky post flop?

River is pretty interesting.

Lets give him a pre flop 3betting range of 8%

JJ+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+

So on the river we are now beat by

QJ, KQ, AQ, AK.

These hands will never fold, apart from AK.

The rest of the hands in his range have probably cbet the flop and given up, so I would just suggest to check back the river as I believe we have enough show down value.

If he does have other hands in his range it may be hands like A8, A9s that we beat already.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      What do you think about calling AA/KK vs this opponent pre flop and trying to get tricky post flop?
      Well, I usually do try to put all the money in preflop with those hands.
      Against this opponent though, might be a good idea.

Also I don't think he will 3bet this - JJ+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+ - I mean he is probably calling some of those hands (that can play postflop well) and 3bet with his value hands and some bluffs (64s for example, or A2s) and also 8% is his overall 3bet.

On the river I do think that AQ is betting, and he would have really hard time calling with KQ/QJ (although I am not really sure if he 3bets them - gotta check if he called with those) because I do represent a strong range (at least I think I do).
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Cool, on the same page then.

Ok if you are trying to get a weak range such as AK/88/99 to fold then a smaller bet is better if we expect better to call.

If we want a stronger range to fold such as QJ/QK then we should bet bigger, so with your reasoning the hand is played well as you've used your thought process, your analysis and your instinct to come to a decision to make the opponent fold a certain range.

Brilliant.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1

Brilliant.
      :f_love:

Pleno,

What about flop and turn? Is it that good to float? I also think we must bluff the R because he isn't barreling the T that loose so far. He can def play any PP like this and even AK so we have to bluff.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      On the turn, we should just fold.

It's very likely that he has us beat, almost always and when he doesn't have a pair and is bluffing he probably has AK and barreling the straight draw!

If a 3 does come and we make a straight then we dont really have any implied odds and he maybe even c/folds kk if an Ace comes.

Think turn is pretty easy fold :)

I think floating flop is definitely ok as long as you dont do it everytime, villain should be pretty honest and we have a back door flush draw and 2 seperate back door straight draws.