$34.88
      MP2 (Hero):
      $27.71
      MP3:
      $29.51
      CO:
      $48.29

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6, 6.
      Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 5, T, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.6) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($3.4) J (2 players)
      BB bets $2.90, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.4.
      his stats in 43 hands vpip26 pfr21 af7 wtsd13 w$sd100
      my hand is not too weak but not too strong and didnt CB,and he called the turn and I folded to his bet on the river.
      is it bad play?
      if I go to CB,i should second barrel,and if I go to check,turn fold is the best?
  • 5 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey daisuke3823,

I would go ahead and bet the flop, I think if he continues then we are cleasr we are beat but by betting we protect against broadway and Ax hands that will most likely fold the flop, by checking back we give up the initiative and he will likely bet a lot of turns where we have to fold the best hand.

So definitely bet flop in this spot imo.

On the turn as played I would fold, even vs his draws such as J9/KJ etc he has so many outs not just to improve but for his perceived range to improve so instead of having 14 outs he most likely has 22 outs when he is drawing to win the pot and already has the best hand a considerable amount of time with his Qx and 10x hands, this is also not taking into account flush draw cards that he could either be drawing to or perfectly be able to represent.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      so in this case, its okey to just give up after I CB on the flop?
      or second barrel?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Yeah give up if the cbet gets called as he will usually have a pair or 2 over cards and a draw that either improves on the turn or still has substantial equity against us.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Can't we barrel a total blank like 5 :spade: for value on the turn? He can have a lot of draws and he might fold better hands like 88, 99, A7s.

I just feel that he isn't folding that much on a connected board like this. With all his floats he can then just pick up the pot on the river.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      We raised from UTG so I don't think he has much a7s in his range.

Barreling on lower cards is good, but I think we should probably 3 barrel to get stubborn top pairs to fold.

Then it gets ugly because we have to worry about which river cards should we barrel, which ones should we not, do we have the best hand, can we bluffcatch etc.

So by betting the turn I think he is still stubborn or chases his draws relatively often leading to a difficult river decision and if we know later in the hand we are going to have a tough decision then perhaps betting isn't greatest.