[NL2-NL10] I play a litle lose this hand!

• kirezafirov
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $12.33
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $12.09
      CO: $10.63
      Hero (BTN): $17.40

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:club: 9:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) 6:diamond: Q:club: 9:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.33, SB raises to $0.83, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.36, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, fold

Hero wins $2.25

SB stats VP45/PR9/3B0/CB-
      my stats VP15/PR11/3B0/CB100

I play this hand a little lose because my opponent call with every suited card and every pair. Some sugguestions.
  • 2 replies
    • maheepsangari
      If you do plan on C betting flop then the reason would be cause its a rather dry flop and you can second barrel if a club falls or a 9 or a K falls. However your bet size is a bit too small, less than half pot. I think I'd go with ~0.45, a small bet size like this could be interpreted as a weak hand and he could try to bluff.

On this flop when he raises it has to be a strong hand most of the time which you can't beat and have almost no fold equity against either. 78 and TJ are the only draws possible and I doubt people would raise that.

So on the flop its a bet/fold for me.
    • BogdanPS
      Thin value bet on flop is fine as worse hands can call us. However we should consider betting slightly larger so don't induce too many raises because, against unknown, we should always consider bet/folding.

As played villain can still have Qx hands and our hand was a bluff catcher on the flop (at least I would assume that's why you called and not to float).

On the turn I would check back and play the river as we can't really valuebet it and a bet would mean I'm turning my hand into a bluff (and we really can't expect villain to fold many better hands).