[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 JJ facing donkbet

• MoneyStef
      Villain is 62/17, aggr freq 50% on all streets. BB villain is 63-31.

Comments? Is flop raise ok? Bet turn again or check? Call the river as played?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.75)
      BB ($13.79)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10.08)
      CO ($15.38)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) Q:club: 2:club: 7:heart:

SB bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.60, BB folds

TURN ($2.40) Q:club: 2:club: 7:heart: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.40) Q:club: 2:club: 7:heart: 3:club: T:heart:

SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60
  • 2 replies
    • maheepsangari
      Flop I assume you're raising cause of his weak bet size on the flop and you don't want overcards to fall on the turn/river. Could be ok but always watch out for Qx hands too. Some people min bet with middle pairs, some people min bet with weak top pairs.

On the turn I'll check cause he could be on FD on the flop that made it, if you bet he might raise and you'll have to fold. Right now you have a draw and using position to check behind I think is good.

Can't call the river. If he min raise/called with weak Qx he has you, if he did it with a FD he has you. He's probably trying to get thin value from weak Qx hands so I would fold river unless you want to look him up and see what shit he was doing all this with. The call in the hand might ne -EV but the info you get might be +EV for future hands against him.
    • BogdanPS
      Flop/turn play are fine (flop for thin value/protection).

On the river it's trickier because most of the range he gets there with has us beat. The only time we can call here is if we can expect him (or seen him) bet 2nd pair type hands for thin value as he can still have 7x, 88, 99 on the river although it's unlikely.

So your best bet is to simply fold.