NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20)
      BB ($47.46)
      UTG ($27.48)
      UTG+1 ($23.43)
      CO ($25.78)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.80

FLOP ($5) 2:spade: 3:club: Q:spade:

Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50

TURN ($10) 2:spade: 3:club: Q:spade: 5:spade:

Hero bets $15.10 (AI), UTG+1 calls $15.10

unknown

On turn I cannot bet/fold for the left stack/pot ratio I think, I am commited so I push. C/f can be too weak I think. Or maybe not? Maybe I should assume that he will be not bluffing turn and river and not betting weaker hands?
      For example if he has KQ - what could he think of? With this hand is he calling 75 bb? I think he should.
  • 4 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey speedfanat1c,

Ok so here we need to address stack to pot ratio.

What is stack to pot ratio? It is the amount of money you have in your strack compared to the pot.

Therefore, if the pot is $1 and you have $2 then pot to stack would be 1:2, ideally when you go all in you want the pot to be 1:1 so that your bluffs aren't too expensive and your value bets get called.

Often there will be times where it will be very hard to do, but you should give yourself the best chance possible.

So here on the flop, if we bet $3.50 into $5, then on the turn the pot would be $12ish and we would have $14ish behind, therefore closer pot to stack ratio than $15 -> $10 which is a 1:5 stack to pot ratio.

Except for that everything is fine, he can call worse hands for sure such as QK, AQ, that will fold if we check now and a Spade comes.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      What are your thoughts about a c/r turn Pleno?

We let him float away or bet a Qx with no :spade: .

I suppose the downside is that we risk a check behind from 99-JJ with a :spade: or even a Qx with :spade: . But vs unknown I think it's worth the risk.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      If we had AA no spade then I prefer it, but I think he has less floats because we have that blocker. It's definitely an option and I think it depends ojn player to player and what their fold to cbet is. If he has a low fold to cbet then I prefer c/shove as it allows us to get value from a super wide range.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pleno1
      If we had AA no spade then I prefer it, but I think he has less floats because we have that blocker. It's definitely an option and I think it depends ojn player to player and what their fold to cbet is. If he has a low fold to cbet then I prefer c/shove as it allows us to get value from a super wide range.
      We do not have the blocker... :) But I see your point, thanks.