Hem 2

• bouchapipe
      bouchapipe
      Bronze
      hey,

I already have HEM 1 and i was planning on buying HEM 2(its only 20$) so i could buy tablescanner, but people adivised me to buy tablescan turbo...

So is it still interesting to buy HEM 2?
  • 8 replies
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I use HM2 and am pretty happy with it. Have you done the free trial?
    • bouchapipe
      bouchapipe
      Bronze
      yeah, but i didn't really look much into it....

I don't know if i should buy it...
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      My honest opinion after owning and using HM1, HM2 and PT3 and PT4... Is PT4 is better, although, the filtering options are a very simple interface they are not as good as HM2. In every other aspect PT4 is superior, The HUD hasn't failed me (yet), although there is a potential problem posted in this section of the forum.

In my experience, I found HM2 terrible at importing anything other than $ hand histories, it seemed to find Euros and £'s confusing and never updated the exchange rate correctly even with manual input and the HUD never worked for me on the Rush poker tables, on speed/zoom though it was fine. HM2 crashed on me repeatedly, and then would lock me out of the database - Over a sample of 70k cash hands I HAD to make 5 new databases and re-import all my hands again... Each time the winrate was different to that of the previous database, with visual differences on graphs.

Also with PT4, you get the equivalent of NoteCaddy (a HM app, you have to pay again for) for free, and you get the equivalent of LeakTracker (Paid app for HM) for free also.
      Plus, you get 1 month free subscription to Table Scanner as well.

This is obviously just my experience and in all honesty I am glad I own both HM2 and PT4 for different reasons, however PT4 is ALWAYS open and HM2 is only open when I want to taker a closer look at potential leaks highlighted by PT4.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      See our FAQ for HEM2 multi-currency support: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/51/Settings+%7B47%7D+Currencies

I don't know of any import problems with € or £ hands. You just need to add the winnings in $(USD), €(eur).. to the reports to see the correct winnings.

The exchange rates have to be updated manually under settings.

Rush Poker: cash should work with latest official build, SnGs and mtts with this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/351081-full-tilt-poker-early-beta-release-sng-tourney-players.html

An official build with rush support will be released soon and most of the stability problems should be solved in the meantime.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      See our FAQ for HEM2 multi-currency support: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/51/Settings+%7B47%7D+Currencies

I don't know of any import problems with € or £ hands. You just need to add the winnings in $(USD), €(eur).. to the reports to see the correct winnings.

The exchange rates have to be updated manually under settings.

Rush Poker: cash should work with latest official build, SnGs and mtts with this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/351081-full-tilt-poker-early-beta-release-sng-tourney-players.html

An official build with rush support will be released soon and most of the stability problems should be solved in the meantime.
      No offense to you personally, I appreciate the times you've tried to help me with my database, but even normal SH ring games at stars are bugged it imports multiple HH at once (i.e the same HH over and over - I know you can delete them easy enough, but I shouldn't have to ya know)... I am done with HM2 now as a main database program and will only ever be an archive I feel. :(

And yeah I worked through the multi-currency issue with you here before, even after emailing hands, still never worked 100%. I am merely passing on my experiences. Others I am sure will have the opposite opinion to me. But if HM3 comes out, I certainly won't be any where near the front of the queue to buy it.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Also with PT4, you get the equivalent of NoteCaddy (a HM app, you have to pay again for) for free, and you get the equivalent of LeakTracker (Paid app for HM) for free also.
      Notetracker and Leaktracker in PT4, just do not really compare to Leakbuster and Notecaddy. You have to pay for those apps, but they are much more feature filled than what you get with PT4.

As far as importing, i've personally never had any issues.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ProfitsofDoom
      Notetracker and Leaktracker in PT4, just do not really compare to Leakbuster and Notecaddy. You have to pay for those apps, but they are much more feature filled than what you get with PT4.

As far as importing, i've personally never had any issues.
      PT4's Auto-Note editor is fully custom, and many people just upload their own online for you to download on PT4 website. So it can do whatever you want it to do... It will tell the biggest amount of hands he went without calling or raising if you want...

As for leaktracking - It tells you what the average winning player is playing like in your chosen area. Then it offers tips and direct links to videos to show how you can adjust your game... It does the job... And it's free. As long as you have the problem, you can easily just go elsewhere if you don't like the videos PT links too. Like here... As long as you have the problem then you can find the cure.

I'm not posting to be argumentative, just don't see why PT4 can bash them out for free at a decent level, yet HM has to charge more. One more reason why they are becoming less and less appealing to me personally.

Maybe the ones on HM are better but they bloody should be the prices they charge for basically an app that does nothing you couldn't do without it. You could just find your own leaks it's not hard look up the averages and compare, now find where you differ then look up why in HH etc using filters, see if you are playing that situation profitably... If not search your prefered poker website to find/ask the answer...

Okay now that's $60 you saved and for just 15 - 30 minutes work. Or free on PT4...
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      As for leaktracking - It tells you what the average winning player is playing like in your chosen area. Then it offers tips and direct links to videos to show how you can adjust your game... It does the job... And it's free. As long as you have the problem, you can easily just go elsewhere if you don't like the videos PT links too. Like here... As long as you have the problem then you can find the cure.
      Let's not forget that if you really want to you can buy LeakBuster for PT3/PT4. :D