[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - ATs coldcall

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Villain looks like a 'regfish' as I like to call them. Decent stats so far 28/21/50h allthough there is already a gap between vpip and pfr and he isn't fullstacked.

Is it OK to raise this flop as a bluff? Or is a call even better than a raise?

I would continue spade turns I guess.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2003023
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $33.95
      UTG: $24.65
      Hero (CO): $35.01
      BTN: $14.63
      SB: $12.50

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with T :spade: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 8 :heart: 6 :heart: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3.25, UTG raises to $7.50, Hero folds
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hellow,

I guess I'd call this pre-flop as you did, you have good position on him.

On flop I'd just call and reevaluate turn. Guess he might go broke on that flop against us with overpair, so we can't raise/fold this and have +EV game.

So rather call flop and see what happens on turn.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey all,

When we raise we are trying to get him to fold minimal equity shares such as AK/AQ/KQ/KJ that fold now, when we raise he always folds these hands, he doesn't fold pairs and he doesn't fold draws. If our strategy is to raise to get him to fold this part of his range then i would raise to $2.50 on the flop instead on $3.50.

I think pre flop is fine.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey all,

When we raise we are trying to get him to fold minimal equity shares such as AK/AQ/KQ/KJ that fold now, when we raise he always folds these hands, he doesn't fold pairs and he doesn't fold draws. If our strategy is to raise to get him to fold this part of his range then i would raise to $2.50 on the flop instead on $3.50.

I think pre flop is fine.
      Hey thanks man :) . Would you just call the flop? I think it's better to call looking back at this hand. :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi,

Calling flop can be fine too. If we call flop I think he c/folds the hands that we are aiming to fold on the turn meaning the success rate of our bluff is higher thus bluffing turn > bluffing flop as all the hands he continues with on the flop to our rasie bet the turn so we can just make an easy fold.