$6.70
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $4.00
      CO:
      $0.42

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.06, SB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) 9, A, 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, CO folds, SB calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.56) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB calls $0.26.

River: ($1.08) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.72, SB raises to $2.70, Hero raises to $5.10, SB calls $0.94.

Final Pot: $9.82.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(A K).
      SB shows a full-house, aces full of threes(3 A).

SB wins with a full-house, aces full of threes(3 A).

Villain was 37/14 out of 70 hands.

Pre Flop:
      I raised 4BB's with 2 limpers, my raise should probably have been higher considering the limpers and my position... other then that I think pre flop is fine.

Post Flop :
      Flop shows a dry board and I hit my top pair. Seems like a pretty standard CBet for value. I bet 70% flop which I think is fine as well.

Turn shows relatively safe card so I bet again, a bit smaller this time however. On river another ace shows up, and I bet and eventually shove.

I self identified one of my weaknesses as going to showdown too often and having difficulty making decisions on turn and river. I think going all-in in this spot is +EV but I could be wrong.

Thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd definitely cbet 2/3 on turn, it opens a backdoor FD so we need to protect our hand against it (even if it's not that big part of vill. range).

On river I'd happily go broke. Opponent could play all his Ax hands this way (especially AT+), so we are usually ahead. Sets etc. had raised us already on some part.

This time we had your beat there, bad luck.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop OOP and vs 2 limpers we should make it larger for value.

As played I'd bet the turn larger for value (2/3+).

The river is a bet/fold only versus passive opponents. We have 70 hands and played afew of them so we should have a better idea of his tendencies.

If he is unknown I don't mind going broke there as I can expect him to occasionally raise AJ/AQ type hands.