[NL20-NL50] NL50 AK cold call 3bet, post flop rambling

• double2
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO raises to $4.50, Hero calls $4.50, 3 folds, 2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($11.25) 9, 4, 9 (2 players)
      CO bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

Turn: ($23.25) K (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $12.00, CO calls $12.00.

River: ($47.25) T (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $29.13, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $47.25.

CO 374 hands
      fold to 3bet 70%

BU 537 hands

BB donk 91 hands

I have doubts in this kind of spots. I'm pretty sure that if I cold 4bet I'm turning my hand onto bluff, they only continue with QQ+ and AK. Since I have position I think cold calling is the best option, keeps CO bluffs in his range, gives rope to MP to bluff 4bet if he wants and I have the bonus that sometimes the donk in BB will join the pot.

The problem is I'm still very insecure in post flop play and not knowing that much about villain makes things worse. Flop I decided to float, I have 6 outs and I represent well TT-QQ, And the scare cards he wants to double barrel turn are my outs. Turn I think it's stdd. River I think I always have the best hand so I might as well shove. Somethin wrong with my train of thought?
  • 1 reply
    • pleno1

Interesting. Ok, villain 1 is more likely to continue pre flop if we call because he has good odds, we already see he is pretty loose so has all the Ax suited hands in his range. Villain 2 should have a strong range, but AK still ofc plays well vs it.

I think pre flop, overcalling in the Button is fine as we will have position for the rest of the hand.

What do we know about villains post flop tendancies? If his turn cbet is low then I would call flop.

As played he never has better than us when he checks the turn, so we have to work out whats the best way to get value?

Vs his hands like 10s+ we get value from the turn and maybe the river, vs his weak hands we get value from checking back as he can bluff the river, he is however more likely to bet the turn as a follow through bluff as he can rep AK.

So therefore I like betting and betting the river to get QQ kind of hands to call.