$51.33
      BB:
      $50.60
      MP2:
      $65.10
      MP3:
      $35.56

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $9.25, BB calls $5.00.

Flop: ($18) 7, 6, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($18) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.00, BB raises to $16.00.

Final Pot: $42.

Villain 212 hands
      25/19

I didn't have much hands at the time but it caught my eye that villain was very active and seemed really aggro. I decided to 4bet bluff. Flop the idea was to c/shove, I wanted to give him opportunity to spew out with some random hand that he decided to call 4bet. Your opinion on this line?

He checks back so I obv bet turn and get min raised. I felt really lost. I feel that if he wanted to bluff me he would bet flop, so I don't feel very comfortable jamming here. I could call, I've got enough pot odds to do it. Ideas?
  • 4 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi,

I really dislike pre flop, I think we should flat call the 3bet. Playing BVB our hand plays very well here. Turning such a good playability hand into a bluff makes little sense to me and I would prefer to proceed by calling.

As played... You say he is quite spewy, if this is the case then I would just bet the flop and expect his random gutshots, flush draws, random pairs to shove and ofc we are fine to get it in with all of the dead money.

On the turn we have good pot odds, its possible he is trying to buy showdown, I would call the min raise with the pot odds we have and if the flush/jack comes open jam the river.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      thoughts without thought process explanation:

- preflop: certainly looks possible to call oop with this, specially vs this villain
      - flop: pretty close to cbet or not, c/shove is nice and it isn't
      - turn: not sure delay-cbet is best, for the reasons you mentioned and we somewhat commit ourselves to bet T and R as he's not folding ANY better hands other than 22 or something, and he is in a good spot to stab the river if he has worse.
      as played take odds and call, looks like pretty strong line

[edit: ninja'd :f_biggrin: but what do you think about not betting turn?]
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Agreed, we can check the turn and we have genuine showdown value, he doesn't have Ax very often and could stab on the turn with gutshots/underpairs trying to win the pot and will fold very often to the c/r.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Very interesting. Didn't consider at all c/shoving turn. But it makes sense. It's pretty much the same line of thought for me to c/shove flop.