This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] why he dosnt CB?

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $30.09
      BB:
      $27.36
      MP2:
      $23.76
      MP3 (Hero):
      $26.56
      CO:
      $24.52

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, CO folds, BU raises to $2.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.35) 3, T, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($4.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.75, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.35.
      his stats in 14 hands  vpip14 pfr14 af4

he didnt CB when there is flush draw ,so I guessed he didnt have AA,KK,QQ .
      and I wondered if I should donk or not on the turn but I check folded after all.
      turn donk was better?
      if he CB on the turn,should I call?
  • 4 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Cause this is a flop that he will have to barrel on cause you are never ever folding to only one bet here.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

When he checks the flop I think he probably has some form of Ax hand, maybe AQ/AK or something else that he chose to 3bet pre flop with.

On the turn I would bet to try to get these equity shares to fold.

When he ebts I don't think he has a pocket pair as its a dream flop for him to cbet so I would call and re-evaluate the river.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Why is it good to call a 3b from unknown whilst being OOP? I think he has to 3B many worse Ax and Kx to make our call profitable.

Why not just 4B instead wilst his sizing is pretty weak? I'd go for 4B/F then because we can't expect him to shove AQ or QQ.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      4b/fold with AK seems incredibly dirty.

Why 4bet fold?

We should have a 4b/fold range yes, but don't use one of the best hands from our calling range in it.

4b/fold range should be hands that have blockers and bad playability, ie K9/K10,Q9/KJ, hands in our calling range to the 3bet at these stakes should be AK/AQ/KQ that play very well post flop.

When he 3bets there is a decent chance he 3bet with ax, kx, when we 4bet we isolate ourselves vs the top of his range when he calls.

OFC if he has a 2% 3bet then we can play differently, but that is the same as any hand, an adjustment.

As played, we have a tiny sample that means nothing so should be following a game plan.