This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [sh]nl 50 KQs bluff raise flop, stab river

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $63.23 (126.5 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $49.79 (99.6 bb)
      SB: $50.28 (100.6 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K Q
      MP raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 9 2 J (2 players)
      MP bets $2, Hero raises to $6, MP calls $4

Turn: ($15.75) 7 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($15.75) 8 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $11.50, MP calls $11.50

On the river I thought that I could credibly represent QT and that he is likely to fold Jx.

PS:
      - I really like how the hands are being discussed now, hope this will keep going.
      - Because of this I will become more active in here
      - I have the marked hands for 10 days to analyze so I'll be posting quite a number of them, I hope you won't hate me for this
  • 3 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      - I have the marked hands for 10 days to analyze so I'll be posting quite a number of them, I hope you won't hate me for this
      I wont for sure. Peace. :)

I also try these blufflines from time to time (bluff flop, check turn, bluff a "good" rivercard - or check flop, bluff turn/river if I pick up equity/scarecard), but what I experienced these are not really credible, and I often get very light calldowns.

Here I think firing turn would be much better. Not all are good handreaders, and it's just way more scary if he has TP/overpair, cause you are threatening him with a turn bet much more than with a riverbet. That's also what you would do with sets or J9.

Other option in the hand would be floating. We dont know his barreling tendencies though.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      I'd rather float IP than raising that flop representing nothing. And if he sees you weak with that I think you're gonna get Hero called river. What Tx would you play that way?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Pre flop is good, would probably 3bet bluff KQo.

On the flop, what are you trying to bluff? I assume AQ/AK/small pocket pairs that cbet?

If so then I would just make it $5, as we are targeting a weak range.

When he calls turn I shut down too.

River is just like a present from christmas, and I think it would be bad not to bet it. I guess just unlucky he called.

Nice play throughout the hand, but maybe raise flop a little smaller.