[NL20-NL50] [sh]nl 50 KQs bluff raise flop, stab river

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $63.23 (126.5 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $49.79 (99.6 bb)
      SB: $50.28 (100.6 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K Q
      MP raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 9 2 J (2 players)
      MP bets $2, Hero raises to $6, MP calls $4

Turn: ($15.75) 7 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($15.75) 8 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $11.50, MP calls $11.50

On the river I thought that I could credibly represent QT and that he is likely to fold Jx.

PS:
      - I really like how the hands are being discussed now, hope this will keep going.
      - Because of this I will become more active in here
      - I have the marked hands for 10 days to analyze so I'll be posting quite a number of them, I hope you won't hate me for this
  • 3 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      - I have the marked hands for 10 days to analyze so I'll be posting quite a number of them, I hope you won't hate me for this
      I wont for sure. Peace. :)

I also try these blufflines from time to time (bluff flop, check turn, bluff a "good" rivercard - or check flop, bluff turn/river if I pick up equity/scarecard), but what I experienced these are not really credible, and I often get very light calldowns.

Here I think firing turn would be much better. Not all are good handreaders, and it's just way more scary if he has TP/overpair, cause you are threatening him with a turn bet much more than with a riverbet. That's also what you would do with sets or J9.

Other option in the hand would be floating. We dont know his barreling tendencies though.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      I'd rather float IP than raising that flop representing nothing. And if he sees you weak with that I think you're gonna get Hero called river. What Tx would you play that way?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Pre flop is good, would probably 3bet bluff KQo.

On the flop, what are you trying to bluff? I assume AQ/AK/small pocket pairs that cbet?

If so then I would just make it $5, as we are targeting a weak range.

When he calls turn I shut down too.

River is just like a present from christmas, and I think it would be bad not to bet it. I guess just unlucky he called.

Nice play throughout the hand, but maybe raise flop a little smaller.