[NL2-NL10] nl2 hero JhJs

    • MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2011 Posts: 4,247
      hy,
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

      CO: $3.80 (190 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb)
      MP3: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $3.76 (188 bb)
      SB: $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      MP2: $2.31 (115.5 bb)
      MP1: $2.76 (138 bb)

      Preflop: Hero is BB with J J
      MP1 posts BB OOP, CO posts BB OOP, MP1 checks, 2 folds, CO checks, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.16, MP1 folds, CO calls $0.14, SB folds

      Flop: ($0.38) 2 Q 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32

      Turn: ($1.02) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

      River: ($1.02) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

      Results:
      $1.02 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 2 Q 9 8 Q
      CO mucked A 4 and lost (-$0.49 net)
      Hero showed J J and won $0.97 ($0.49 net)

      1)My cbet is ok?
      2)On turn i think i should have bet again.
      His stats are:57/0/0.2/0/40/21 vpip/pfr/Af/3bet/w$sd/hands
      ty
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      The problem with betting the turn is that we would leave very little money behind for the river. Let's assume we bet 0.60 or so then on the river we would have less than $1 into a $2.20 pot.

      On the flop I wouldn't cbet this larger for thin value because i want to keep as many weak hands in as possible (so i want villain calling 88 type hands).

      So a $0.20 bet followed by a similar turn bet (on a blank) would be better in my opinion.

      As played I would bet.fold the river. Villain would rarely have a Qx and most likely is a on a FD or a hand like 9x, TT, etc.
    • MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2011 Posts: 4,247
      so my first reason betting the flop so big were to protect against FD; a scare card and even SD.
      I f i am betting 0.20 dont give him good implied odds aprox 3:1 to complete his draws?
      ty
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by MeAmor22
      so my first reason betting the flop so big were to protect against FD; a scare card and even SD.
      I f i am betting 0.20 dont give him good implied odds aprox 3:1 to complete his draws?
      ty
      Hi, by betting 0.2 you give him about 26% pot odds.

      With a flush draw he has 9 outs from which we block one so he is down to 8. That means he only gets 16% pot odds (for the turn). If he has the NFD or overcard FD you can add another 6% to a total of 22%. So no you are not giving him the correct odds still.