This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [sh] nl 50 QJ IP TP vs fop x.r 3bet pot

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $48 (96 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $56.26 (112.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $49.50 (99 bb)
      BB: $48.83 (97.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J Q
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, CO calls $3

Flop: ($9.75) Q 7 2 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $6, CO raises to $14, Hero folds

Don't know if my sizing is ok on the flop as regs might expect a bigger bet sizing from a strong hand.

I can get some value from draws and TT/JJ and I expect his x/raise range to be made of Fd's (which should be only a few combos) and strong hands.

Which of these assumptions are wrong :D ?
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      I wouldnt 3bet this guy with QJo, not even from position. He just doesnt seem to be the folding type.
      As played, on the flop I'd bet/fold 5$.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Heyhey

Pre flop I think i just call.

He's opening 25% from the cut off

Which is something like

66+, A2s+, K6s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T9s, A8o+, K9o+, QTo+, JTo

We dominatre a lot of this range and going to the flop dominating the range is important. If we raise we start isolating ourselves vs a slightly superior range, I would 3bet fold AJ/AQ and sometimes KQ depending on opponent, QJ usually is going to be a callt hough.

As played, I think flop is a little bit weak. I would call.

He has raised 40% of cbets, so I would just call. Cover my screen and call every turn shove, he seems v out of line.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      So something is wrong with my range BUvsCO.

I 3bet ATo down to whatever I feel comfortable bluffing the opponent and flat AQo/AJo. Why do you advise 3betting AJo?AQo if we don't expect villain to be flatting OOP, or do we :f_eek: ?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah, I don't expect him to fold to many 3bets as he starts to fold more I will tighten up and differ my range. As we can see from the stats, hes 0/4 so I go and 3bet for value with the info we have.