[NL20-NL50] [sh] nl 50 KK play OOP 3bet pot Axxs

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $59.97 (119.9 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $48.25 (96.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, MP calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) A 4 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($23.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $11, Hero calls $11

River: ($45.50) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $37.47 and is all-in, Hero calls $28.25 and is all-in

Hey,

I don't cbet as I think it's better to keep his range as wide as possible instead of narrowing it down by betting myself.

Any moment where you would play differently?

Best regards.
  • 4 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Pre flop sizing is good, no bigger for sure.

On the flop I think we can still get value from 55-qq that will call once but not bet theirselves, by checking we give uo initaitive and just start playing a complete guessing game. Our c/calling range is usually good showdown but not great and turn/river is just so guessy guessy that I even struggle to give good feedback.

On the turn it doesn't really look like a bluff sizing from him as its not exactly scary. So I feel like folding.

On the river I'm very suspicious, it feels like he can only have AQ? AK 4bets pre flop, could have 44 for quads.

It's tough, but I think I prefer cbet flop to keep the initiative, winning the pot immediately isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think 55-QQ has an easy fold on Ahi flop. This is again a spot where I could say for 100% sure that veriz would advise X/C and bluffcatch :D . But, yeah, I don't know who's best haha :P

Then what's the plan? Just Bet flop and X/F turn? It doesn't accomplish much.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Vs anybody who is good its going to be pretty easy to play vs :)

If we bet flop and he calls he will check back the turn really often and we will win on the river when it goes c/check. At least when we bet flop we can start constructing a range.

It's also a 3bet flop and we have 2 kings so harder for him to have AK that called pre flop.

We also see (over a very small sample) that he hasn't folded to a cbet in a 3bet pot so may be likely to call once with a pair. If he folds then I am fine too, we kept the initiative. If we were OOP then I would MUCH prefer to check back, but following the line of poker..

Position+Initiative = profit

It would be nice to keep the latter at least on the flop and make life easier for ourselves by having a 100% cbet on this board with all of our range and show a profit, which I'm pretty positive it will.

If we check cf flop > c/call 3 streets imo.

Continuing, by checking we make life hard, poker should be as simple as possible, as Gordon Gekko would say, KISS.. keep it simple, stupid :)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      KISS is just the opposite of Matthew Janda and GTO play, but I think it's my new fav quote