This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [sh] nl 50 KK play OOP 3bet pot Axxs

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $59.97 (119.9 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $48.25 (96.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, MP calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) A 4 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($23.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $11, Hero calls $11

River: ($45.50) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $37.47 and is all-in, Hero calls $28.25 and is all-in

Hey,

I don't cbet as I think it's better to keep his range as wide as possible instead of narrowing it down by betting myself.

Any moment where you would play differently?

Best regards.
  • 4 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Pre flop sizing is good, no bigger for sure.

On the flop I think we can still get value from 55-qq that will call once but not bet theirselves, by checking we give uo initaitive and just start playing a complete guessing game. Our c/calling range is usually good showdown but not great and turn/river is just so guessy guessy that I even struggle to give good feedback.

On the turn it doesn't really look like a bluff sizing from him as its not exactly scary. So I feel like folding.

On the river I'm very suspicious, it feels like he can only have AQ? AK 4bets pre flop, could have 44 for quads.

It's tough, but I think I prefer cbet flop to keep the initiative, winning the pot immediately isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think 55-QQ has an easy fold on Ahi flop. This is again a spot where I could say for 100% sure that veriz would advise X/C and bluffcatch :D . But, yeah, I don't know who's best haha :P

Then what's the plan? Just Bet flop and X/F turn? It doesn't accomplish much.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Vs anybody who is good its going to be pretty easy to play vs :)

If we bet flop and he calls he will check back the turn really often and we will win on the river when it goes c/check. At least when we bet flop we can start constructing a range.

It's also a 3bet flop and we have 2 kings so harder for him to have AK that called pre flop.

We also see (over a very small sample) that he hasn't folded to a cbet in a 3bet pot so may be likely to call once with a pair. If he folds then I am fine too, we kept the initiative. If we were OOP then I would MUCH prefer to check back, but following the line of poker..

Position+Initiative = profit

It would be nice to keep the latter at least on the flop and make life easier for ourselves by having a 100% cbet on this board with all of our range and show a profit, which I'm pretty positive it will.

If we check cf flop > c/call 3 streets imo.

Continuing, by checking we make life hard, poker should be as simple as possible, as Gordon Gekko would say, KISS.. keep it simple, stupid :)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      KISS is just the opposite of Matthew Janda and GTO play, but I think it's my new fav quote