This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH ATs 3b pot IP

• kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      €0.12/€0.25 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player3 (€24.54) 98bb
      CO Player4 (€65.75) 263bb
      BTN kymupa (€30.03) 120bb
      SB Player6 (€25.88) 104bb
      BB Player1 (€26.67) 107bb

Pre-Flop: (€0.37, 5 players) kymupa is BTN A:spade: 10:spade:
      2 folds, kymupa raises to €0.56, 1 fold, Player1 raises to €1.87, kymupa calls €1.31

Flop: 3:spade: 2:heart: Q:diamond: (€3.86, 2 players)
      Player1 bets €2.44, kymupa calls €2.44

Turn: A:club: (€8.74, 2 players)
      Player1 bets €5.44, kymupa calls €5.44

River: 4:diamond: (€19.62, 2 players)
      Player1 bets €16.92, kymupa folds

Final Pot: €19.62

Player1 wins €52.49 (net +€25.82)

kymupa lost €9.75

Hello.

Not really sure about this hand.

Villian is 19/15 3b 8% (13% at BB vs steal), cb 73% in 3b pot, 1.5k hands.
      Note: 3b A5o bvb check back on AKx

Preflop I think I can call, since I have a goodish hand, he doesn't cb a lot, so I can pick up some of the pots on the flop, and also I have position.

On this flop I do expect him to barrel and with backdoor FD, and overcard I think calling is ok.

On the turn I am not really sure what to do. I did remember this hand where you said that people are generally not bluffing a lot on A high boards and my hand is just a bluff catcher. Also he has a considerably low % of betting turn (44% overall). So I think it's better to fold.
      Question: If the turn was lets say J :spade: what do we do if he bets? I think calling is better since I don't expect him to be double barreling a lot and I doubt I have much FE.

On ther river I think it is an easy fold. I don't think he is going to make any sick bluff here.
  • 3 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by kymupa

cb 73% in 3b pot, 1.5k hands.

he doesn't cb a lot
      73% is low cbet frequency? :)

How does he react to 4bets? If he has a wide resteal range, but tends to fold to 4bets, I'd prefer that, avoiding marginal situations.

Postflop floating is a decent strategy against him, as he tends to give up on the turn a lot.
      On the turn we got a bluffcatcher, and he got the perfect card to bluff, so I'd call as well. Also agree with river fold.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I would 4b/fold A10o here.

As played, I think vs these nitty kind guys that play weak raising flop is fine, we have back door spades and we can get him to fold a huge range on the flop that may c/call turn/river. JJ kind of hands.

As played its pretty gross, we're beat by a narrow range and he got the perfect card to barrel, I think I just call and make a note, but if we do think he is a nit/passive then fold is going to be ok.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think ATs is just a bit too bad to call preflop. Because of his weak sizing I'd 4bet/fold personally. To call the 3bet and play +EV you have to be really good so I wouldn't really advise it.