SB: $30.38
      BB: $25.10
      UTG: $32.80
      MP: $25.80
      CO: $9.41
      Hero (BTN): $30.16

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has T:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, SB raises to $2.20, fold, Hero calls $1.58

Flop: ($4.65, 2 players) K:diamond: 4:spade: 2:club:
      SB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

Turn: ($9.45, 2 players) 8:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB calls $5.50

River: ($20.45, 2 players) 7:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $20.06 and is all-in, SB calls $20.06

Vilian is 25/21 he 3bets from blind 13% against BU open 3/6 50% cbet 100% in 3bet pot 5/5 turn cbet 0/2 so I float flop w some backdoors, becouse we know he is cbeting this flop 100%. When he ch/c T i know he has some showdown value like underpair, and I have pot size bet left so I think it is good spot to bluff nevertheless I do not have any reads about his calling tendecys after only ~100hands I have on him. I was expecting he will fold everything exepct K.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello.

When I first saw this hand I was like - hey, nice hand, nothing to comment.

Now, when I rethink it, I think there could be an interesting turn line.

How about check back?

Let's see what are the possible scenarios when he ckecks the turn:
      - check/fold - if he is going to check/fold the turn he is always going to check/fold the river imho.
      - check/call - those types of hands might bet themselves on the river, or check/call there, so we lose the same amount as of betting turn. The cool thing is it that if they bet we can fold.
      - check/raise - obviously we are drawing dead against those hands most often and they would probably bet the river or check/raise there, so again we lose as much money as if we bet the turn.

So why I think checking back the turn is a good idea then?
      Mainly because we are representing showdown value - this board is going to be floated a lot, so he might go for c/c two streets with sth like 99 or even A high.
      But if we check behind the turn and bet river we represent quite stronger range in my opinion and it is more likely for him to fold.
      And as a bonus we can just fold the river if he bets since it is never a bluff there.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Diamond
      Hi thanks for an anwser and your thoughts, but I think he always caling w 99-QQ if we ch/b turn bet R, I was hoping to fold all that OTR.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey all,

I actually agree with Kymupa, also another positive is that he can c/shove the turn with flush draws that will check/fold the flop if they miss. I also am not sure he 3bets 99 or 1010 pre flop, but even JJ/QQ he may call turn/river we can't be too sure, I'd rather try to optimise the way to fold out the weaker part of his range and think the advice is pretty cool

:f_love: