NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.73)
      BB ($10.10)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($12.45)
      Hero ($10.15)
      BTN ($3.37)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB raises to $1, fold, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.10) 7:diamond: T:club: 5:heart:

SB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3.30, SB raises to $9.73 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $8.27

Villain is: 20/17/2 8% 3bet with 156 hands.

Perhaps I should have 4betted him instead to begin with.

His reraise on the flop made me put him on 1010+ and therefore I folded. Did I play this hand correctly? :f_eek:
  • 4 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Hi!

What do you hope to achivie with your flop raise? Personally I would call him here i expect him to bet 100% of his 3b range atleast once. People tend to cb to much in 3b pots.
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      I hoped he was bluffing or had something like A10, and by reraising the flop I hoped he would fold or call and slow down on the other streets. :) If I called the flop I would hate if he fired a second barrel since I would have to fold then, and also my chances for improving on the turn are very slim.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      If we raise in this spot we dosen't allow him to bluff turn or value bet worse so If we are raising here we isolate ur vs a stronger range.

But if he is rather passive i would call the flop and most likely shutdown on any turns. Is a rather dry board and he can't have that much. So if he barrels he is like super strong and we are most likely behind his range.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      What range does villain stack off with or what do you expect him to shove with? 4-bet calling JJ there could be big -EV unless villain stacks off light (w/ TT for example).

If I don't have the above info I either call or fold (most likely calling here).

So what was the point of the raise (I saw your answer after)? Turn our hand into a bluff or hope he slowplays and just calls?

Even hands like AT can go all in here versus us (rather than call).

We should call the flop and play the turn. We have position and a decent hand.

If you aren't sure how to play your overpair on a low flop then why do we call preflop? just fold the hand and save yourself a lot of money and variance (which leads to tilt).