How to conduct sng session reviews?!

• rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hi there.

I`m having a problems with my session reviews. I play 18man sng`s and I`m making my decisions based on hud stats. But when analyzing, I find it difficult to gather this info together, for example when assigning opponent ranges based on stats.

I`m using PT3, SngWiz, Universal Hand Replayer.

How guys you do it and what works for you?

:f_eek:
  • 7 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey rupucis2

Moved this to the SnG board for you so our other SNG players can let you know how they do things :)

Regards
      Carl
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, rupucis2!

I think I know what you mean. Using stats is very important and I won't recommend nowadays to anybody not to use these tools- PK3/HEM together with Wiz/Solven and so on.

However, especially if you are a beginner, you should refrain on making decisions purely based on stats as you won't be able to read them correctly. You need to know that 20-30 hands is not really a sample. It is prolly enough only to determine whether a player is a fish or not. But it ends there. Plus, even for players who u have stats on, you should know that they sum up, but never adjust. Meaning that somebody f.e. raises 70% bvb with 10-20bb eff in general, but vs you, he raises 20% as he knows you re-steal a lot. So you need to pay attention not only on stats. What matters is game flow, reads you have. What I am trying to say is this- don't overplay because of stats. Use your brain/reads to make the best decision. Usually that comes with experience.

What type of stats do you use anyway?
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Thanks!

I know about stats and sample size that I need to take into account. I try to search for players and for their results with whom I get involved often and I label them. For that I use this format:

While in the game, I base my push/fold or call/fold decisions on overall stats and sometimes on session stats, depends how intense the play at that moment is. As well I take into account player type (my assigned label).

In blind vs blind and late pos vs blinds situations I usually remember how often my opponent raises or pushes in to me and stats help there as well.

The problem I have, that after my set or session, when I have a lot of hh, I don`t remember most of the players and it makes hard to assign proper ranges to my opponents when using sngwiz. Stats could help at least there.

So my question leads to that, how to properly assign hand ranges during analysis?

In game my hud is designed like this:

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Well I don't play 18 man SNGs, but I use SNG wizard to analyze my play for 6 max SNGs. I then assign the call% when I push a certain hand to see if it was a correct push or not.

I guess what range my opponents would be pushing with during the bubble phase and I that number into icimizer and see what hands are +EV against his range.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      I would advocate you put in there steal stats and agg. f. stats, number of hands always comes in handy too. As for your opponent ranges- hard to say. I will give you a hint, fishes are usually tighter than nash in both shoving and calling. Exception would be 50/30 VPIP/PFR fish f.e. but for the most part they are passive. So push looser and call tighter vs them than nash. Vs regs- good regs will play close to nash vs you for the most part. Maybe some of them won't. So try to pick a read of whether they go out of line or not. If they push/call nash vs you- you play nash as well. Also, put in some other tools in your game like min raise/folding or min raise/calling vs the regs for 8-12bb according to their tendencies. Vs more passive regs- min raise a very wide range bvb for 8-12bb as they are not expected to play back. Vs more aggro regs- you can push nash for 8-12bb, you can min raise to induce and throw in some min raise/fold range as well for balance. And so on, and so on. It's really a big topic. It comes with experience how to assign ranges perfectly. I suggest, if you have a question about a hand, post it in our hand evaluation forums and either me or my colleges will be happy to help you!

Cheers!
    • wiarygodny
      wiarygodny
      Bronze
      just a quick reply from me - if i understand correctly u use the Universal Hand Replayer to analyse your sessions/hands and you miss the sats there, is that right? if so try to look for a replayer built in PT3. Im not a PT3 user myself (i use HEM) so im not sure whether there is a replayer and what is its funcionality but i would assume it should be pretty simillar to the one built in HEM (where you get all your stats, notes etc. directly on the table while replaying a HH/single hand/all marked hands etc). Hope that helps :) if i misunderstood your problem/question just forget abt this post :)
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Thanks guys!

Actually about fish ranges, I won`t fully agree that in sng's up to 3.5$ BI fish calling ranges are tight. They call with hands that looks good for them. :D Of course it depends from individual situations. Pushing ranges are tight.

Good point about those other tools. I know about them and some are in my arsenal as well, but there is lot work and studies in front of me to develop them as routine moves.

I`ll try the PT3 hand replayer in next review.

Tnx. ;)