This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Kk

• bogstratos
      bogstratos
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $5.75 (143.8 bb)
      BTN: $6.88 (172 bb)
      SB: $4.13 (103.3 bb) 64/20/20/1.5 VPIP/PFR/3BET/AGG 62 hands
      BB: $5.77 (144.3 bb)
      MP: $3.90 (97.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      MP raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, BTN folds, SB calls $0.34, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.88) 8 7 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.64, SB calls $0.64

Turn: ($2.16) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $3.13 and is all-in, Hero ???

Results:
      $4.56 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 8 7 8 J
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$2.20 net)
      SB mucked and won $4.46 ($2.26 net)

Preflop: I 3bet MP who's a reg, get called by SB fish.
      Flop: The board is paired but there are quite a few draws out there, so he'll easily call me with worse. Could I bet a bit bigger than this? (like 0,70-75)
      Turn: J isn't the best card for me as 9T gets there, but I'm sure that I still have a value bet here. I think that 1,20 is enough, if he calls he'll have less than half pot stack otr, but still, should I bet a little bit bigger? When I get raised I think he's only doing that with hands that beat us (T9,8x,JJ) given his AF, even tho he might have raised some 8x hands OTF.
  • 5 replies
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi,

Personally I would 3bet bigger, at least 3.5x and even 4x.

Other than that, I can't really think what Sb call your 3-bet with? I think JJ/QQ is most likely what he might have that doesn't wanna 4bet shove or fold to your 3bet PF. He must be really bad to call your 3bet w T9/8x/77s. But yep, anything is possible in the micros. But I think those hands are unlikely though.

But as played, I would also fold as QQs would most likely have raised you on the drawy Flop.

Just my noob thoughts. Interested to see what the coach has to say!
    • bogstratos
      bogstratos
      Bronze
      Personally I would 3bet bigger, at least 3.5x and even 4x.
      I just came back into the game this month after a break, and I might have one of those moments when you feel like you know 1+1=3 for sure, while it's actually 2. Is it standard to 3bet 3x or 4x? WTF what's wrong with my head? :f_o:

He must be really bad to call your 3bet w T9/8x/77s. But yep, anything is possible in the micros. But I think those hands are unlikely though.
      62 hands isn't a big sample at all, but he is playing 64/20, I expect him to call 3bets quite wide since he's a fish.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd make it 3x pre-flop, it's standard. Especially when you have position.
    • bogstratos
      bogstratos
      Bronze
      Thanks CPallo, I really tought my mind managed to fk up 3bet sizings rofl :f_eek: .
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      3-bet size is fine since Mp is a reg and we are IP. 3x is more than enough since we should also have a 3-bet bluff range.

The opponent that called is a huge fish so we can definitely bet bigger on this flop (close to pot).

This is a spot where we can bet/fold IF we think the fish is really passive and can't shove worse. I personally feel that he could shove some worse hands, especially because our bet size is on the lower end. I can see him shoving Jx (with draw), and maybe QQ that he cold calls along with 99/TT. Of course he would have some 77,88 or 8x in his range as well.