[NL2-NL10] NL2 33 set

• bogstratos
      Prima, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $4.19 (209.5 bb)
      CO: $1 (50 bb)
      BTN: $9.16 (458 bb) 51/9/0/1.9 VPIP/PFR/3BET/AG 101 hands
      Hero (SB): $2.43 (121.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3 3
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.03, BB folds

Flop: ($0.10) 3 5 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.58) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BTN calls $0.32

River: ($1.22) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.22, Hero calls $1.22

$3.66 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 3 5 8 9 4
      BTN showed J J and lost (-$1.82 net)
      Hero showed 3 3 and won $3.56 ($1.74 net)

Preflop: I don't usually call from SB, but when I play vs fish I don't like getting aggressive with small PPs OOP, and he minraised so...
      Flop: I went for ch/r cause his range for raising (even minr) is pretty strong considering his stats, so I guess he'll try to cbet.
      Turn: I continue my aggression, but I think I could have bet bigger, like 0,40-45. 67 is the hand that gets there, but given my read on his preflop play, I'm sure that's not in his range.
      River: Now the flush completes but I still think he has overpairs that bet and random Ax hands that bluff, so I wanted to go for a ch/r again, since going AI would have been an overbet. He bets pot, so I got a little worried, and even tho I hadn't that much behind, I just called.

Looking back at this, I would have raised bigger on flop/bet bigger on turn and the stacks would have allowed me to go AI otr.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Against a min raise and a fish we should always call here preflop.

Considering the board texture on the flop and his pot size bet I would actually reraise much bigger, closer to 4x or so to get max value from draws/pairs and also make it easier to get all the money in. Against big fish like him we can even overbet raise that flop as he wont be able to fold overpairs and draws.

The turn bet is also too small, we should go close to pot or overbet again.

The river does complete the flush but villain still has a range of TT-AA that can pay off. I'd prefer to bet it myself then to have him do it for us (he may check back because the flush completed). If we would of bet bigger flop/turn we could just shove river.

So imagine making it 0.4 on flop then turn pot is 0.9 so we bet around 0.9 and river pot would be around $2.7 with just about 1.1 left behind.