[NL2-NL10] NL4 JTo

• bogstratos
      Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $4.72 (118 bb)
      CO: $10.32 (258 bb)
      BTN: $4.46 (111.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $9.20 (230 bb)
      BB: $1.71 (42.8 bb) 39/11/9.9/1.8 VPIP/PFR/3BET/AG 197 hands
      UTG: $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T J
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.20) 2 2 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.48) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, BB calls $0.38

River: ($1.24) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, BB raises to $1.09 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.71

$3.42 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 2 2 T A 2
      Hero showed T J and lost (-$1.71 net)
      BB showed 3 2 and won $3.32 ($1.61 net)

Preflop: I steal JTo from SB.
      Flop: cbet for value.
      Turn: his range for calling flop imo is 2x + 33-99 + FDs + some A highs and broadway floats, and I bet again expecting him to fold some FDs, PPs and air, but still call with worse.
      River: Here I'm not too sure, I wanted to go for bet/fold, and bet really small expecting him to call some PPs cause of the good price, but ended up talking myself into calling his raise. :f_mad:
  • 4 replies
    • cheekopeh

Personally, I will fold the hand against as BB only has 43bb. His 3-bet is 9.9 which I feel is high, what will you do if he 3-bets you? It is a very bad spot to be in.

And I feel JT is more of a speculative hand which plays well if both players are deep and you're In Position. Even if you hit a pair, you're not even sure if you're dominated.

As played, I think that's why folding PF is best as a Q/K/A can Turn up and it's a pretty bad spot to be in OOP not knowing if you should double barrel or X and risk getting bluffed or calling not knowing where you stand. All in all, almost every line puts you in a bad spot.

I would X and see what he does on the Turn. But would most likely x/f if he bets as like said, not sure if he even has better Tx/Jx. And now even Ax beats you.

I guess the hand he turned up with pretty much sums up he's a bad player. Definitely many more better spots to get the money in.

I might be all wrong! Let's see what the coach says. Lol.
    • bogstratos
      His 3-bet is 9.9 which I feel is high, what will you do if he 3-bets you? It is a very bad spot to be in.
      I think there is actually a problem with HM2 and the hand replayer when I play on the anonymous tables at Unibet. All my sessions are 1h long, and when I take a break I close all the tables so there isn't much possibility to get close to 200 hands with this villain, so I'm guessing his stats aren't accurate. The fact that he plays 32 imo is showing that even with JT we can have some profit against this villain, tho playing OOP is close. I might be wrong tho.
    • CPallo
      Hellow ;)

He is not the most aggressive type, so I'd play river c/f. He has plenty of better holdings there. On the contrary, if you have reads that he can bluff on river we can c/c in order to let him bluff his busted draws.
    • BogdanPS
      I don't like our big turn bet on this scare card.

We are going for a thin value bet OOP so we want to keep villain in with worse hands like 99-88 and so on. We also need to be aware that we split with all other Tx hands.

Considering we bet so large on the turn we may actually have folded out the worse pairs in his range so I wouldn't mind ck the river and even folding to his shove (PSB). He can have all combos of Ax of spades and even other random aces.