[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom 65o BU

• cheekopeh
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $6.40 (128 bb)
      SB: $9.81 (196.2 bb)
      BB: $2.41 (48.2 bb)
      UTG: $7.44 (148.8 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.94 (138.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 5
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.26) Q 5 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.56) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45

River: ($1.46) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.90, BB folds

$1.46 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: Q 5 4 5 3
      Hero mucked 6 5 and won $1.40 ($0.68 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$0.72 net)

Villain is unknown.

PF: Steal on BU, playing loose PF and definitely not intending to spew or c-bet w air on the Flop.

Flop: C-bet to fold out most broadway hands. Just gonna X it down if Villain calls and I don't impove.

Turn: Probably the only card other than 6 that I will continue barreling. I don't think Villain will often fold if even a K or A comes on the Turn. I bet strictly for value, hoping he has a Q.

River: Villain has a little more than the pot amount. Not sure if I bet the right amount here, I was hoping he has a Q and thought he would call overbet since he has already called 2 streets.

Maybe betting just a little half pot is better as he might have weaker PPs like 77s-99s that will call? And on hindsight, he would probably have raised me on the Flop if he has a Q and got it in already. Bad read on my part I suppose?
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo

Seems rather well played, I'd bet about 1/2 to let him call you off light or to raise you as a bluff. He will rarely call his weak holdings there.

If there was a draw on flop and it missed on turn, then I could use that overbet to represent a busted draw. On this board not a good move IMO.
    • BogdanPS
      If you are betting mostly to get value from a Q you should make it even bigger. These fishy guys wont fold TP (2p now) to you very easily.

However I feel that on the turn we should also look to extract value from 66-JJ and some draws so we don't want to bet too big to scare those away.

The river card is great with only draws completing being 76 and A2. I still feel that a shove is the correct play to get max value from Qx.
    • CPallo
      I got to disagree with river shove. Fish might get scared of paired board, as they don't know what is "range" and we can open our hand with 5x. They can hero-fold their Q7 etc. hands here when we shove, so I'd go for thin value. I'll see that we will be winning more in the long run that way.