This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH JJ - vs small donkbet on flop

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown

Flop: When he donks pretty small I don't think he is very strong. I think I can either raise fold (basically bet/fold if I treat his small donkbet as a check) I decided to treat his small donk bet as a check and "bet/fold" for protection an value vs weaker pairs and draws. I would expect his DB/call range to consist of draws, weaker pairs and some KX. I think this is the same situation as if villain checks to me I would play bet/fold here as a standard for the same reasons.

Turn: I am not sure why I decided to just call the Turn here. I am not sure really what to do here in general. I think I need to review my play vs donkbets on flop and turn.

My options are:
      1. raise/fold = continue with my value/protection line and assume I am not being bluffed if raised. The plan would be to x/beh R un-improved and take a free / cheap showdown wherever possible .
      2. call and re-evaluate river: and try to reach showdown as cheaply as possibly. My hand has showdown value but I don't want to risk turning it into a bluff
      3. fold: I think this would be way too weak. I think villain can have some draws and worse pairs very often here given his preflop and flop actions.

Given that he is showing strength I think calling and re-evaluate R and get to showdown would be the best line here in hindsight.

River: I didn't think I could extract much further value on the R here, so just x/beh with my showdown value.

Cheers

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): $4.87
      BTN: $1.10
      SB: $2.09
      BB: $0.70
      UTG: $1.70
      MP: $3.86

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has J:diamond: J:spade:

fold, MP calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38, 2 players) 9:spade: 6:club: K:club:
      MP bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.98, 2 players) 6:spade:
      MP bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

River: ($1.30, 2 players) K:spade:
      MP checks, Hero checks

MP shows 9:diamond: 8:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Nines) (Pre 19%, Flop 22%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: J:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks) (Pre 81%, Flop 78%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $1.24
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Flop is fine, I'd also raise and bet sizing is good.

On the turn when he donks small again fish usually have a 9x, TT, JJ, QQ, draws that they want to see a cheap river with ( some rare 6x/Kx are also present).

Because of this I'd also raise the turn again for value/protection. I'd raise fold to about 0.7 or so (doesn't have to be overly big so he still calls with 1p hands).

On the river he checks to us and I think we can bet fold, considering that we checked the turn. Tx, 9x type hands can still call a 1/2 bet and maybe even A high.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      thanks Bogdan

if we had raised the Turn and got called I assume we are just x/beh for free showdown?