[NL2-NL10] NL4SH - A4s - Freeplay BB

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown

Flop: I figure I should have a lot of outs and a lot of equity. Decided to play hand aggressively being OOP. I think worse FD's can call and I maybe get some PP's to fold, something like 55-99 that he might l/c pre.

When I get raised I am pretty sure villain has TP+ and won't fold to a 3b so decided to take my good pot odds and play x/c on the Turn.

Turn: x/c

River: plan was to probably bet/shove here since I can only see him having 22 and maybe 88 here given his preflop line and I block various other 4x hands.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $4.00
      UTG: $4.72
      CO: $2.84
      BTN: $4.00
      SB: $1.92

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 4:heart: A:heart:

fold, CO calls $0.04, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10, 2 players) 2:heart: 4:diamond: K:heart:
      Hero bets $0.06, CO raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.34, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.34, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $0.24, CO calls $0.24

Hero shows 4:heart: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 61%, Flop 53%, Turn 32%)
      CO mucks K:club: 9:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Fours) (Pre 39%, Flop 47%, Turn 68%)
      Hero wins $0.78
  • 5 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'd raise this pre-flop, our opponent has wide range for limping and we have some idea of what he has if he calls us.

As played: The only way here is to lead, no doubt. Against a min-raise we can definitely continue.

You can easily C/C turn, no doubt. On river you must donk, but you should consider folding to a raise (or just call it) as we have no idea of what his spesific range is, he might be minraising us on flop with draw, air, set or 2pair (4x), so hard to play without pre-flop raise.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks CPallo

As for the river line: I think bet/calling is the safest option. I don't think we should hero fold this spot if raised because there are very few combos of hands that have us beat here since we block 4x's.

I think he would only really have 22/88 here that have us beat on the river.

I think the case 4x for a FH would be a pretty big cooler.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Indeed, not that many hands in his range that beat us. So bet/call is probably the best line.

Of course these decisions are based very much on your opponent. Think of a player who has river stats "fold to bet": 10/10 and a guy who has "raise river" 5/12. Then you can make some assumptions :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Considering that you put him on Kx+ on the flop and that he checks back the turn his most likely range is a weaker/medium Kx.

However, since we played so passive and all draws missed I feel that we can actually bet much larger on the river and get called by villain. I wouldn't mind a small overbet of 0.4 or so.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      However, since we played so passive

Would you have recommended a more aggressive line at some point in the hand? Maybe preflop, 3b the flop or continue to bet on the Turn?

After he min raised me I put him on TP+ and didn't expect a 3b to have any fold equity on the flop or turn.