[NL2-NL10] NL4SH - A3o SB complete

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: bet for value / protection from weaker pairs. Would have to re-evaluate vs a raise. I think I would have to bet/call and re-evaluate Turn. I think bet/3b would be overplayed here. I might even consider a bet/fold or is this too weak?

Turn: I still beat some Ax so just bet/fold for value/protection again. Although given BB's stats I could bluff induce, but I still think that this is:
      1) unlikely given that it is a MWLimpedpot
      2) I can still extract a lot of value from the BU if he continues to call down with 1 pair type hands, particularly AX
      3) I think I will see x/beh a lot

River: I think I have two options:
      1) x/f: I think he x/beh a lot with hands I beat here and only bets hands that have me beat. I also don't expect him to float two streets in a MWP to bluff me on the river
      2) bet/fold: I think he can call down with one pair type hands, particularly AX and only raise me with better. I don't think he would overplay any worse hand here or bluff me, so I would plan to bet/fold if I bet

I decided to bet/fold because I think that I can sometimes get some thin value here and I am almost never being bluffed here if I get raised, therefore I think this is better than x/f line.

I don't think x/c is a good line because I don't think he is bluffing this spot very often anyway.

Cheers

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $10.26
      BTN: $3.51 51/8/2/0/23/115 hands - LP fish
      Hero (SB): $4.20
      BB: $6.08 19/15/4/9/14/69 hands - TAG

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:spade: 3:club:

fold, BTN calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks

Flop: ($0.12, 3 players) 8:club: A:diamond: 3:spade:
      Hero bets $0.09, BB calls $0.09, BTN calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.39, 3 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.28, BB calls $0.28, fold

River: ($0.95, 2 players) 2:club:
      Hero bets $0.45, BB raises to $2.26, fold

BB wins $1.76
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello,

I see you played this hand quite well on flop and turn.

On river I'd just c/f. You said he's not bluffing on river, so we might aswell c/f it. He beats us with any 4 and guess he could even have bigger Ax.

If he bets small that river IP we could call it off, but c/f would be my plan as default, especially if he never bluffs.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: You don't talk about preflop but I feel our limp is too optimistic. What are we really hoping to flop? We can't be too happy when we flop an A or 3 (at least not to play a pot OOP vs two guys and potentially play a larger pot).

And the draws we can flop are weak at best.

So preflop I'd muck it.

Since BB is the one left in the hand he can have any hand (except the top part of his range).

So he can have Ax, A4, 34, 44 type hands as well as 2p+ (34 less likely after the flop bet).

Turn looks fine and on the river it's tricky but if you look carefully it's not that hard to find the fold button. The tag would rarely bluff us here or raise a worse hand especially after we bet 3 streets and it's a limped pot (unless of course he is tilted and might be induced by our small river bet).
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Thanks Bogdan

I think preflop I was just auto calling for the pot odds. I assume this is a leak and I will look to start selecting my hands from the SB better.