[NL2-NL10] A10 Oop

• 3prswins
      So my question here is, should I be leading out the turn again? I find it quite weak to check it on turn with the big possibility of being floated. However I didn't want to inflate the pot OOP, with AX being the only weaker hands calling.

Villian plays 36/6/1.1 83 hands 41% WTSD

I have been in this situation a few times and been stuck. Being OOP sucks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.20, BU calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.45) 7, A, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.45) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70.

River: ($8.85) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $8.85.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(A T).
      BU shows a pair of aces(A J).

BU wins with a pair of aces(A J).
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo

You had a concern about him floating. If he does that with many weaker holding, I'd let him do that, IF the turn wasn't a flush card. Now I'd just bet/fold it on turn and ck/fold river.

Looking his stats, he seems a bit fishy (WTSD 41 %). So I guess he could definitely have weaker Ax and even SD (9T), perhaps Backdoor FD on turn. So I'd bet myself twice to have value from his weaker holdings.
    • BogdanPS
      Villain doesn't raise that much preflop so our thin value 3-bet preflop is way too thin and may be borderline bluffy.

On the flop our bet is a bit too large, I'd make it just 1/2 pot (again it's pretty thin considering prefloP).

The villain seems passive so even though he could float he probably doesn't bet much other than an Ax. Considering his small turn bet we could bet some worse Ax hands so we can call the turn although those same Ax hands would always call a bet from us. Because of this I'd bet fold another 1/2 pot bet and fold to any action. If called on the river I'm check folding against someone like him.