UTG ($34.48) 138bb
      UTG+1 ($43.36) 173bb
      CO ($52.05) 208bb
      DrDunne (BTN) ($39.05) 156bb
      SB ($31.61) 126bb
      BB ($25) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) DrDunne is BTN K:club: 9:diamond:
      3 folds, DrDunne raises to $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: 6:spade: 9:heart: 5:diamond: ($1.60, 2 players)
      BB checks, DrDunne bets $0.96, BB raises to $2.45, DrDunne calls $1.49

Turn: 2:heart: ($6.50, 2 players)
      BB checks, DrDunne checks

River: 2:spade: ($6.50, 2 players)
      BB checks, DrDunne checks

Final Pot: $6.50
      DrDunne shows two pair, Nines and Twos
      K:club: 9:diamond:
      BB shows
      K:spade: J:diamond:

DrDunne wins $6.18 (net +$2.98)

BB lost $3.20

villains pretty much unknown, and it's at rush. had autotopup on so im assuming they aren't the worst player there...

my thoughts were my range is wide here, it's a dry board, sets are unlikely, but it is also even more unlikely they raise here for value because my range is so air-heavy. they dont get much value by raising this flop because i fold most of the time.

87 is a pretty shit hand to call with OOP.. so that doesnt really factor in imo. maybe im wrong?

i decided to call for these reasons, and once he checks on the turn, i dont think i should bet really. i mean it's a blank and the line: X/R, X is really weak, so i dont think i get much value. the story isnt being carried through by villain on the turn so i think i can't bet for value here either so my plan was to X back and call almost any river. but since he checked there i doubt i can get value. maybe if i bet super small on the river like 25% of the pot i might get looked up by A high or something.

is there a big problem with the flop call in that it shows i didn't really plan for a barrel by villain on the turn? surely if i call this flop with the given reasoning i need to call the turn too? maybe it's just a fold to the raise.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Without Info I probably call once on NL25 and fold Turn. Future streets will always be a guessing game.

Folding is too weak IMO, and the average guy at NL25 doesn't really barrel overcards on the Turn IMO if they don't pick up equity.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Your range is indeed wide but you kind of have some sort of hand on that board very often. Like pair, gutter, overs with BD FD or SD.. Most of them are weak but not really air. At least I don't classify them as air. :D

Cbetting for value is clear. Now, when he raises I think your call is good but maybe your thinking isn't the best. I actually think a check/raise with sets and 78s is definitely good there on his part. That means I wouldn't exclude them from his range but there aren't that many combinations to start with and then, would he actually make the raise so small with a strong value hand? I think we've discussed bet sizing from opponents before and this for me looks like maaaaaybe 79, 89, sometimes 88, 77, TT that's trying something out or weak gutters, overs, backdoors, etc. Against that you are doing quite well so calling seems best. We might be ahead and could argue a 3bet for value but I think you never induce by doing this and you value own yourself sometimes when he actually has the nuts with this weird sizing.

I think that once he checks turn you can value bet it again. If he had the nuts (set, 2pair, etc.) he would have bet himself. Now, he tells you clearer that he has either air (that might have some equity) or a pair + weak draw type hand. Unless you think he bluffs very often on river, it's best to bet here. Whether he always folds that weak pair + draw doesn't matter because all checking accomplishes is that it lets him realize his equity. I think you do get value but taking the very extreme case in which he always folds, you still prefer that unless he puts in more money as a bluff or with weaker hand later. That is very unlikely imo.