UTG ($29.04) 116bb
      DrDunne (UTG+1) ($27.07) 108bb
      CO ($24.83) 99bb
      BTN ($34.41) 138bb
      SB ($40.19) 161bb
      BB ($25) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) DrDunne is UTG+1 J:heart: 10:heart:
      1 fold, DrDunne raises to $0.85, CO calls $0.85, 3 folds

Flop: 5:club: 5:diamond: 3:heart: ($2.05, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $1.23, CO calls $1.23

Turn: 6:heart: ($4.51, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

River: A:spade: ($9.51, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $5.70, CO calls $5.70

i think i spewed..

when he calls the flop i expect him to want to float on the dry board, so i turn some equity and barrel and get called. i thought he could have some SDV hand now since his air folds, and on the river it probably hits his bluff catching range, but i think i can get a fold from pretty much all his PPs.. do you think this was just spew?
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Nope this is really standard and bet larger on River cos you are not putting enough pressure on villain.

You are in MP so you should have a tight ~15% range which hits the Ace about 40% of the time. You also have JJ-KK for value and boats as well. And villain pretty much never has QQ/KK/AX unless it's AhXh which may not even float the Flop.

You might want to think about having bluffs here. If you don't bluff this hand then what hands are you actually betting the River as a bluff? Surely you cannot just have JJ+
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I agree with Galvin overall. I think you don't NEED to bluff though but broadway flushdraws are probably the hands to do it with here but also make it quite larger. I think $7 should be decent. With your sizing I actually expect him to cry call some 76 hands.

Oh, and just noticed turn sizing as well. That doesn't gain much folding equity and since you often plan to bet the river, you can definitely make turn bet bigger. When you continue your aggression (whether for value or as a +EV bluff) the more money in the pot when you bet, the higher your rewards. If the bluff works, you win more and if you are value betting you can value bet more although same pot percentage.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      If we are villain we're snapping TT imo. What does he rep exept for double barreled strong Ax? :)

Even with AK you would bet smaller OTR :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      If we are villain we're snapping TT imo. What does he rep exept for double barreled strong Ax? :)

Even with AK you would bet smaller OTR :)
      I would bet quite big with all my Ax on the river. Remember hero also opened from MP so actually his Ax range is dominantly strong Ax. Weakest will probably be around ATs. That said, I think that A doesn't hit my opponent so I won't stop value betting any overpair I considered to be a value bet on the turn. It's blank for his range quite often. We bet turn because we expect him to fold 90% of his A high flop floats so then it would be contradictory to our previous assessment to include all Ax in his river range after he calls turn.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So you are expecting him to fold 99-JJ on the river? If he does then we would you valuebet QQ OTR :D . It's a bit contradictory =)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'm expecting him to fold better flushdraws (Q high and K high), 22, 44, maybe 6x and 77 sometimes depending on how showodwn happy he is.

I'm not playing a hand here, I'm talking about a range. I did say right from the beginning that we don't NEED to bluff here because we usually get little credit against call happy players but if we do want to include bluffs in our range and still be +EV, these suited broadways are the ones to add because we have many outs and it doesn't make our bluff frequency so high that our opponent exploits us by calling all those hands.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I did say right from the beginning that we don't NEED to bluff here because we usually get little credit against call happy players but if we do want to include bluffs in our range and still be +EV, these suited broadways are the ones to add because we have many outs and it doesn't make our bluff frequency so high that our opponent exploits us by calling all those hands.
      Well said :) Tnx