$25.25
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $18.16
      CO:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.90, BU calls $1.30.

Flop: ($3.9) 2, Q, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3.9) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.20, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.9.
      his stats in 62 hands  vpip16 pfr12 af2 wtsd14 w$sd0 fold to 3BET0   call to 3BET 100  fold to flop CB 0 3BET、    he is a tight regular.

I did not CB so maybe he could guess I had no AA,KK,QQ when there is flush draw.
      I intended to delay CB if I get flush draw or OESD.
      but tight regular bet big so I foled.
      how should I have played this hand?
      CB 60 % of the pot on the flop and second barrel if turn cards are good?
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      He doesn't rep anything, could easily have turned a spade draw. I think strong QX should always bet Flop (KQ/AQ/QTs) so you are mostly looking at some QJs (which you block with 2 Js), perhaps some TX hands (which you beat), and some bluffs.

Also the bet sizing seems inconsistent. If he had some sort of medium strength hand why would he bet so large on the Turn? I also don't really put him on 44 which is one of the few hands which make sense with this larger sizing.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What's his open% from BU?

If he is not positionally aware I might lean towards flatting JJ preflop in BB. If he is somewhat looser I think 3betting for value is fine because he definitely likes calling 3bets or 4betting, both cases being good for JJ if his initial range is wide enough.

What made you decide to not cbet? I agree with the play but if it's just done at random I no longer like it!

Once you don't cbet this hand I think your intention should be to bluffcatch at least one street and quite often multiple streets. Once he checks back I agree with Galvin that he very very often bets Qx. I don't think he NEVER has them because people are a bit more passive with hands like KQ/QJ here than Galvin expects at NL25, imo anyway.

Also the bet sizing seems inconsistent. If he had some sort of medium strength hand why would he bet so large on the Turn? I also don't really put him on 44 which is one of the few hands which make sense with this larger sizing.

^That.

Call and reevaluate the river. He can bet one of 2 flushdraws (spade a bit more likely since clubs bet flop quite often), some AK, AJ, KJ and even smaller pairs that are obsessed with protection such as 88, 99.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Good job emanuel!! Completely agree :) . I see you have some experience on these lower limits and that's really good (obv) :P

Great to have you as new judge! Good luck with man :)
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      What's his open% from BU?

If he is not positionally aware I might lean towards flatting JJ preflop in BB. If he is somewhat looser I think 3betting for value is fine because he definitely likes calling 3bets or 4betting, both cases being good for JJ if his initial range is wide enough.

What made you decide to not cbet? I agree with the play but if it's just done at random I no longer like it!

Once you don't cbet this hand I think your intention should be to bluffcatch at least one street and quite often multiple streets. Once he checks back I agree with Galvin that he very very often bets Qx. I don't think he NEVER has them because people are a bit more passive with hands like KQ/QJ here than Galvin expects at NL25, imo anyway.

^That.

Call and reevaluate the river. He can bet one of 2 flushdraws (spade a bit more likely since clubs bet flop quite often), some AK, AJ, KJ and even smaller pairs that are obsessed with protection such as 88, 99.

pfr9 from BU
      steal25 from BU

so how are these stats? my best play is?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hmmm.. 25% is tight on the button but JJ crushes that, especially when he basically never folds to 3bets.

In this case I think 3betting preflop for value (sort of thin) is fine and probably the best play. The rest remains the same: value betting flop becomes very thin, you can bluffcatch 1-2 streets but it depends on board texture changes, bet sizing and timing.

I think it's safe to call once and lean towards folding unimproved against a second big bet.