When to end a session early?

• 2 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      When you're playing badly or about to start playing badly. It's different for every person.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      You could stop when:

-When tables are terrible

OR

-When your game is terrible

There are of course a million possible reasons and situations which cause terrible play though, so it really really depends. Generally you should not play if you're not fully focused and concentrated and/or you start tilting and/or you are on autopilot.

But be aware that ending the session does not solve the problems! You will want to work on your mindset, energy, concentration, etc. so that you won't have to end the sessions early ;) .

So, to be honest, what we answer doesn't matter, as it will only cure the symptoms of your problems, and not the problems themselves.

Of course if the tables are bad and full of regs, it's questionable if you can really beat them + the rake, so I wouldn't play in that case/I would try to table select better.

It doesn't matter the slightest bit how much you're down in my opinion. If the tables are good and you're playing good, you should keep playing regardless of how much you're up/down. If your play deteriorates because of losing/winning money, you have other problems that can't be permanently solved via a stop loss or stop win.

-SF