[NL2-NL10] [NL10-SH] JK SB v BB

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      ***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Prima)
      €20.00 EUR NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, November 16, 03:35:10 ET 2012
      Table Beachy Head (Real Money)
      Seat 3 is the button
      Seat 1: Player1 ( €28.49 EUR ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 8, AF: 2.3, Hands: 635
      Seat 2: Player2 ( €34.73 EUR ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 2.2, Hands: 568
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €20.30 EUR ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 10, AF: 1.4, Hands: 218
      Seat 4: Hero ( €32.12 EUR ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 3.2, Hands: 63562
      Seat 5: Player5 ( €24.93 EUR ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 7, AF: 1.5, Hands: 426
      Seat 6: Player6 ( €40.55 EUR ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 12, AF: 4.7, Hands: 335
      Hero posts small blind [€0.10 EUR].
      Player5 posts big blind [€0.20 EUR].

Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $28.49 (142.5 bb)
      CO: $34.73 (173.6 bb)
      BTN: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $32.12 (160.6 bb)
      BB: $24.93 (124.7 bb)
      UTG: $40.55 (202.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J K
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) T 7 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.80) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, BB calls $1.90

River: ($6.60) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.30, Hero raises to $10, BB folds

Results:
      $13.20 pot ($0.66 rake)
      Final Board: T 7 Q Q A
      Hero mucked J K and won $12.54 ($5.94 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$6.60 net)

Calls 23% stealBB, FTCB 68%,

FLOP: I think its fine to cbet here with OESD

TURN: Is the 2md Q a good card to barrel? i dont know if it increases FE vs his PPs that float, or decreases it as he's less likely to believe us :f_biggrin: but my reason for barreling is for FE vs his PP, and Tx hands, but i dont think there's many, TJs+,

RIVER: Dont know if this is overplayed, I mostly put him on Qx here, and since he has a narrow calling range on the flop and turn i think its mainly QJ+.

I think he always valubets a Q, so i think x/ shoving is the best play. If we were to lead ourselfs, i think we only get called by hands that would have bet/called.
  • 9 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Flop is fine but once he calls his range contains mostly made hands and some draws as his fold to cbet is exceptionally high.

So that Qx is not a good card to barrel because it doesn't change much in his range, in fact it improves the TP part of it. The only thing that the Q changes is how many combinations of Qx he can possibly have.

Considering that a big scare card comes down on the river I do not expect villain to valuebet a Qx. I can see him bluffing the missed draws like 89, J9 and maybe a weak made hand (which is not often in his range due to high fold flop to cbet).

Because of this I'd actually come out betting to make sure that a QJ/QK type hand doesn't check back. His overall aggression is only 1.5 which means that the river aggression is (usually) a lot smaller.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      i dont really understand how the Ace is a scared card for him?

I understand he could check back Qx with a weak kicker

What kind of betsizing do you think for the river? Can we go pot here as i think people will find it hard to laydown trips
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi gxtwo,

What I meant was that once the ace hits we can't expect him to bet a second pair type hand like Tx, JJ nor a weak queen like QJ, Q9. Maybe KQ could bet the river but KQ would also call our bets.

Villain seems passive overall which means that he is also very passive on the river and one mistake a lot of regulars like him make is that they don't valuebet enough.

Let's turn the tables around, let's say you are villain and have Q9 or QJ. Would you bet this river on the Ax? If so how much and what would you do to a shove? How about KQ?

As far as betsizing goes we can make it relatively big (and folding to a shove/reraise). Close to pot looks bluffy/strong (so polarized) so we can do that.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Let's turn the tables around, let's say you are villain and have Q9 or QJ. Would you bet this river on the Ax? If so how much and what would you do to a shove? How about KQ?

As far as betsizing goes we can make it relatively big (and folding to a shove/reraise). Close to pot looks bluffy/strong (so polarized) so we can do that.
      I think i take villains line with QJ, dont really see myself calling pre with Q9.

with QJ,QK id bet half pot. and if im being honest, and i know this is a leak of mine, id probably call to a shove.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

I think i take villains line with QJ, dont really see myself calling pre with Q9.

with QJ,QK id bet half pot. and if im being honest, and i know this is a leak of mine, id probably call to a shove.
      It's good that you are honest.

So let's say we are villain and we bet QJ and QK. What worse hands are we valuebetting against?

Keep in mind that I am not saying that a bet is bad or good but rather I want to get you thinking about ranges a bit ;0
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Hmm.. Don't really think any hands we beat call then, AT maaaaaaybe.... I think all PPs that bluff catch are most likely folding to a river bet.... And given he's defending Vs a sb steal, I'd say most of his Qs are QT+... Wait, I think I've confused who I'm supposed to be here :f_biggrin: haha!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hmm.. Don't really think any hands we beat call then, AT maaaaaaybe.... I think all PPs that bluff catch are most likely folding to a river bet.... And given he's defending Vs a sb steal, I'd say most of his Qs are QT+... Wait, I think I've confused who I'm supposed to be here :f_biggrin: haha!
      My question above was meant to put us in villains shoes.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      If were bb with KQ, I don't think we get any value from weaker hands as they would just fold to a bet.

Only reason I can think of betting is we are Vs a steal from SB and I would include weaker Qxs in his range. But then wouldn't they lead the river?

Just want to say thanks for the time you've put into this thread! Appreciated!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If were bb with KQ, I don't think we get any value from weaker hands as they would just fold to a bet.

Only reason I can think of betting is we are Vs a steal from SB and I would include weaker Qxs in his range. But then wouldn't they lead the river?

Just want to say thanks for the time you've put into this thread! Appreciated!
      You are welcome.

And yes if we were SB I would find it hard to get much value on the river IF we play versus a passive opponent that doesn't bluff much. Because by the river the opponent will have lots of Qx, sets/boats and even the straight so if I'm sitting there with QJ or QK I'm wondering what I can get value from.

If villain is really loose and opens a lot on the button he may have weaker Qx hands as well like Q2s