Hero ($79.12)
      BB ($132)
      UTG ($61.60)
      CO ($20.43)
      BTN ($22.25)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 5:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

FLOP ($3) 5:heart: 8:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $1.75, BB raises to $6.50, Hero raises to $15.75, BB calls $9.25

TURN ($34.50) 5:heart: 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 2:club:

Hero bets $19, BB raises to $115 (AI), Hero ?

My Hem1 cannot show the stats since it's anon tables. But I remember him being a LAGfish + we had some aggro dynamics.

The thing here is, if he would have 4bet the flop, I maybe would have considered folding (is it bad? still probably would not have done it). But a call makes me think he is on a draw or at least not on a set, as these would probably try to get it in asap.

Really hated to see that turn raise. Fold/call?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      any reads about the villain?
      I think 4-betting flop and playing for stacks should be fine, since that flop is getting attacked quite often.
      Some players would 3-bet more often pre-flop with 77/88 than just call and they don´t defend their bb 96o and 64o

I would have played the same way and b/c turn. 87 is enough+ some of his combo draws that would make b/c profitable on the turn

best regards,
    • EmanuelC16
      SB vs BB is so dynamic it's get tough to find the best way to play. I often check this flop and want to c/r some draws so I probably c/r a set here as well. It's BvB so I wouldn't exclude 69s from his range. Don't get me wrong, cbetting is fine and dandy but (especially for 100bb stacks) I consider how to NOT check/fold too often BvB since a cbet rarely gets credit without burning money by check/folding 100% or too weak of a range.

Back to the hand: I think getting it in on the flop will be +EV. I dislike calling his raise since we are OOP, lots of bad cards (both because it gives him better hand and because it kills action vs 78, 76 and some good draws that check back). That said, I don't like your 3bet sizing on the flop. 100bb deep I think it's fine but since you are 150bb deep I think you have to make it bigger to reach that leverage point where you make him shove/fold. With your sizing I think he might have a profitable call with a flushdraw given position and stacks behind. Usually you don't want to let him profitably float IP with weak hands.

I think something around 19 will be good. It allows you to shove any turn and just puts him into shove/fold mode on flop most often so he uses his position less. As played, I'd snap call turn but.. Keep in mind you do lose sometimes so don't think you played it badly because you got it in vs 77 or 88 now.