[NL2-NL10] nl4 KJo min raise

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $4 (100 bb)
      BB: $6.16 (154 bb)
      UTG: $3.96 (99 bb)
      MP: $7.44 (186 bb)
      CO: $4.28 (107 bb)
      BTN: $4.22 (105.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K J
      UTG calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, UTG calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.44) J 4 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, UTG raises to $0.64, Hero calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.72) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.86, Hero calls $0.86

River: ($3.44) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

first hands on table
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Flop cbet can be larger for value/protection.

I wouldn't check the turn as we can still get value and we don't want to give free cards to the many draws that villain can have.

AS played you are playing a guessing game by calling river because you don't know if he fires the river or what will he fire with. If you are planning to call turn and fold river then you might as well fold the turn (of course I'd prefer the double barrel).
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      If you are planning to call turn and fold river then you might as well fold the turn (of course I'd prefer the double barrel).

Can you explain bit more about double barrel?

I decided that I will call blank turn and as he's beting 1/2 dont look strong as hell want to protect.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by xero100
      If you are planning to call turn and fold river then you might as well fold the turn (of course I'd prefer the double barrel).

Can you explain bit more about double barrel?

I decided that I will call blank turn and as he's beting 1/2 dont look strong as hell want to protect.
      Hi Xero,

My apologies. That statement is wrong as we can't double barrel because we are raised on the flop.

For some reason I misread the hand and did not see the min raise. Sorry about that.

Considering he is unknown we could bet/fold the flop although is min raise could be a worse pair like Jx or Tx (draws).

If we call a blank turn, like we did what's our plan on the river, a flush completing, a random card? Do we check/fold or call? Or bet?
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      if we think he have many draws with min raise my passive play is pretty bad, he may check back turn with draw or bluff us on turn if he make bigger size bet.
      I do think bet/fold is best play here
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by xero100
      if we think he have many draws with min raise my passive play is pretty bad, he may check back turn with draw or bluff us on turn if he make bigger size bet.
      I do think bet/fold is best play here
      If they have draws yes, but in general unknown fishy players shouldnt be put on draws here often.

So bet/fold it is ;)