[NL20-NL50] NL25 fastforward - A9o, turn push?

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $59.86
      SB: $27.78
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $70.20
      CO: $21.52

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:club: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60, 2 players) 9:club: 9:spade: K:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.14, BB calls $1.14

Turn: ($3.88, 2 players) 7:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.76, BB raises to $5.75, Hero raises to $57.97 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $14.62

Guys 18/13 over 246 hands.
      I was just wanted a second opinion, i'm shovin turn to rep draws and also could be a king pushin draws off.
      If i raise small this looks uber strong i think.
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What do you think is his range for calling pre, calling flop and then check/minraising turn?

From what I know, no HUD works on FF yet. Any notes on him? It's hard for me to give him an accurate range since I've never played Fast Forward.

Although the average NL25 player doesn't bluff on the turn, neither does he minraise when he has a value hand and there is some money behind to play for so he looks more like a bluff (value range is quite narrow anyway since you have 9x yourself, he 3bets KK pre). Usually, unless I am very certain my opponent is never bluffing and I can get it in for value I think calling all your range here plays quite well. You can play correctly IP on most rivers with weaker hands, you can float some JT and flushdraws and bluff since he will often check/fold blank rivers with air and also have these sort of hands to actually own him if he decides to bluff shove on blanks while at the same time still 'coolering' his weaker 9x hands. I don't think there are enough scare cards for him to warrant getting it in NOW against a narrow value range (which has a few combos that beat us still).
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Saw in your other hand people raise here as a bluff. Call turn is better imo and play river by calling everything or vbetting yourself vs checks.

Commented about it here as well: NL25 fastforward - KJo, turn push?
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      So when i know he's bluffing basically rather then pushing him off air or a draw i should call and risk getting sucked out on because he will barrel air alot on a whiffed draw or try to rep that he's hit?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Draws more often miss anyway and when you have such a hand, any draw has reverse implied odds. I would play 99, KK, 77, 97 the same way. I don't lose everytime the draw hits and he has it. I do win everytime he misses and he bluffs with it or whenever he has a weaker made hand.

Basically, he's more likely to make a mistake on the river than on the turn. On the river you give him many options (many which are wrong): check/call, check/fold, bet small, shove, etc. If you shove the turn he has 2 options: call or fold. How hard is it to choose between the 2 if you have a range polarized between nuts and some weak draws/air? :)