Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) 2:diamond: 3:club: 6:spade:
      Hero bets $1.32, BTN calls $1.32

Turn: ($4.49, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero bets $3.20, BTN calls $3.20

River: ($10.89, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero bets $4.25, BTN raises to $17.61 and is all-in, fold

BTN wins $18.43

villian 16/7

when he calls the turn i really don't see a set, but could he push 10's-Q's for value here? because that's the only legit hand i could put him on, which is why im not sure if i should fold here.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Why did you bet river so small?

I think he COULD slowplay a set all the way. There are few left though. 3x22, 1x33, 3x66, 1x99 so that's 7 combos. Could he do this with 45 for value? How often does he call it preflop? I don't find they do it too often but I've already been wrong twice about my assumptions for NL25 FF so far. :D

I think your small bet could actually induce some spew so I would probably sigh call if I were you but I would probably not make a small sized bet without a plan vs a raise. If you had bet bigger and he raised I would consider folding more often because although the value range is narrow, the bluff range doesn't seem to exist at all unless he turns made hands into bluffs like 65. He could also have A3 come to think of it. I think he doesn't shove TT+ for value (3bets QQ+ pre, TT+ usually gets owned postflop by better since you still have all boats, quads and better overpairs, doubt it's value, maybe turns into a bluff?!).
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      because i think he could have 4-7's here, i just never see people slowplay sets at this limit, i doubt 45 when he's 16/7, his line just looks like POSSIBLY A3s or 4-7's turned into a bluff.

If i bet bigger he could fold any pair under 9 an put me on 10's+ easy as he's a bit of a nit.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      He is a preflop nit.. usually they don't like folding postflop so I doubt he'd fold pairs when you bet 5 or so.

When you make this sort of information based play it's hard for anyone else but you to decide the correct play because we don't have the same information as you. I look at timings and remember quite a few things that happened before even if it's just him folding to one of my cbets and I account for that later in the session as much as I can.

If you are looking for a GTO answer, you can probably fold this and you won't be exploited since you have better hands you play like this that can bluffcatch or fistpump call for value.