[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - 97s screwed up hand.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Just 1 question actually :D . -> Do we call preflop?? Or just fold??

Turn is a fold vs the raise btw, massive reversed implieds :P

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2005208
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $25.60 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 2.0, Hands: 49
      CO: $32.57 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 31, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 85
      BTN: $25.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 5.3, Hands: 213
      SB: $13.75 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 24
      Hero (BB): $32.52 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 535061
      UTG: $20.68 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 10, AF: 2.8, Hands: 203

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 7 :club: 9 :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.70, 2 folds, SB calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($2.10) 4 :club: Q :heart: 8 :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, MP calls $0.75

Turn: ($4.35) 6 :heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1, MP raises to $5.50, SB calls $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($20.85) 6 :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $6.80, Hero calls $6.80, MP raises to $18.65, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Maybe squeeze preflop?! Shortie doesn't have a strong hand and will play fit or fold post often enough imo. PFR seems reasonably wide to get some folds out of him. I don't really like calling with 9 high.

Starting from the flop it gets interesting though. I think a raise to about 2.25 is definitely reasonable. This will make your range look stronger and will fold out some midpairs, better draws and potentially weak Qx. The sizing doesn't have to be big since it allows for stacking off, it exerts max pressure already imo.

As played on the flop, I would DEFINITELY raise turn. Make better flushdraws fold, some pairs as well and you have so much equity, I can't even count your outs! :D

When you just call turn I sort of agree that whatever you do it's not going to be +EV and get into a 'limit your losses' situation which always sucks.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Sorry for my late reply.

It just looks soo illogical to 3bet 9hi here :( Why? Because we are 3betting vs an MP range + we don't have a lot of FE on the SB. Why not call? I saw lnternet call 95s in BB vs BTN open. I mean, this hand is way better and plays good in a 3way pot, we even have position on a fish. Just look like call>fold>3bet to me :( . Maybe you can change my toughts :P I mean you also can't assume the shorty is playin fitfold.

Again, postflop I just call because I think I will not have enough FE, close to 0. Especially now that the fish increases his betsize a bit on the turn. As you see he called a raise... Just thought he's never goin away. Calling will never be wrong since I get great odds :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Calling BB vs wide BU range is way different. First of all, you play the hand HU vs a very very wide range. Here you play sandwiched with 9 high against a midstack and a guy that has your draws dominated quite often. You would basically need to bluff postflop because when the money goes in, especially against MP, his range will be better than yours. Plus, he has position, you don't make money off him.

Because you squeeze vs MP you actually get more respect. If you get called by MP you just proceed with caution. When OOP, having a lower SPR is better for you, plus you represent a stronger range in general when you 3bet here than when you call. Most of all though, you maximize the chances you get the SB fish all to yourself.

I disagree that this hand plays well in a 3way pot OOP. You make straights now and then but it's a gapper, you don't make them THAT often. Straight draws to the nuts are rarer with a gapper and 9 high flushes aren't that great against people that play T2s or better all the time. The more people in the pot, the more nutted your hand has to be to play for stacks.

Just calling and calling and calling with this hand is the reason why you shouldn't even play it. You basically hope to hit and if you do you put in all the money against better flushes, FH and all that.

Your postflop play is so extremely weak here that I would say 3bet > fold > call preflop for your style based on what I see in this hand. When lnternet called 95s he definitely planned to win without hitting as well. ;) You got into a spot where you want to call/fold OESD + FD which is basically a super draw and best equity hand in your range since you raise all sets or better. How is that a good result?