[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - AJs vs reG?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

At the time I think his stats were a bit more solid.

1st question: Call preflop std? He had about 11% MP open so far

2nd question: Do you like the flopraise? I think it's a great spot :]

3th question: What about the turncall? I think it's a check/fold, we beat nothing.

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2005213
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $29.89 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 2
      Hero (SB): $34.85 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 535061
      BB: $54.55 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 5.0, Hands: 171
      UTG: $41.84 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 14, 3B: 12, AF: 1.5, Hands: 259
      CO: $10.10 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 19

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with J :diamond: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) Q :diamond: 7 :spade: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.25, UTG calls $2.25

Turn: ($8.25) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

River: ($13.75) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $35.09, Hero folds

Final Pot: $13.75
      UTG wins $13.13
      (Rake: $0.62)
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      1. Nope, not really liking the preflop call without position from SB against a tight opener. Given that you are a bit deep you could consider 3betting and he will call more often than usual and play fit-fold postflop quite often. When you flop Jx you can get some value and when you flop Ax you can just try and get to showdown, no need to go crazy. If you were BB I would agree more with the call but in SB it just sucks so bad because you are OOP 100% of the time and can defend about 0% against a BB squeeze and have about 0% hands in your range that could defend against that play (you always 3bet premiums here I assume).

2. OK spot if your opponent cbets often with hands like Tx, weaker Qx from his range and underpairs. Otherwise, if he has mostly hands that hit this board like no underpairs and just broadways, it's gets tough to bluff him off anything. In a more fancy world you can check/call flop and feel pretty sure he won't barrel much air on the turn + you have outs to defend against turn bets as well. Floating OOP is a lot more complicated though so I'm just suggesting you think about it not just hit the tables and never fold OOP. :f_biggrin:

3. Yeah, sort of agree.. But then he bets so small we prob have the odds to call vs his range since he might bet some KQ type hands for thin value and to get a free showdown.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I just thought that we were better off calling when being deep? :P

He won't fold much I think... And his range is already pretty tight preflop so how can it show a profit? :) :)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      oops forgot the advise btn
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I just thought that we were better off calling when being deep? :P

He won't fold much I think... And his range is already pretty tight preflop so how can it show a profit? :) :)
      He calls all pairs to flop a set and folds otherwise. When deep, the higher the SPR (more money to play behind) the more you can use position. When 3betting you lower the SPR so his positional advantage decreases somewhat.

That's why it could show a profit: he calls weak and folds postflop often. He obviously 4bets preflop with very good hands and I doubt he bluffs often, if ever. I'm a total nit when it comes to playing SB vs a tight range. I only think 3betting is possibly better than calling but I think neither trump folding preflop. :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      șterge