[NL2-NL10] NL4 AQo co

• pokerliz
      pokerliz
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I have played this hand, villain was 22/15.
      For MSS strategy I feel so hopeless with c-betting, I already dont c-bet every flop, however still feel this is so exploitable.
      Everytime I do c-bet and villain calls i just know that turn is giving up the hand.
      Just wondering as I will just go back to basics if this was correctly played as for the basic strategy.

iPoker - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $3.34
      MP+1: $1.51
      Hero (CO): $1.38
      BTN: $2.68
      SB: $1.48
      BB: $0.86
      UTG: $11.61
      UTG+1: $0.34

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Q:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) 5:spade: 5:club: T:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, fold
  • 9 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Nh. The board is dry so it doesn't hit your opponent very often and there should be enough fold equity. On this turn we are obviously giving up.
    • pokerliz
      pokerliz
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply.
      As you say he has not hit the flop very often but he does call and then bet on turn.
      What does this mean ? He did hit ? or is he bluffing because we show weakness on turn ?
      I really am struggling with this as I strongly feel my MSS gameplay is not improving.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      I think you are just result oriented.

Your opponent could coldcall something like pockets, AJ-AQ, ATs, KQs. You didn't post much info about him, but I assume he's not a calling station or floater, so on this flop he might fold every unpaired hand. So he could continue with PPs only so it's logical he's betting the turn as he wants to protect his hand against an overcard.

You can filter similar situation in your tracking software and check that there are spots where your cbet is successfull and spots where it's not.
    • pokerliz
      pokerliz
      Bronze
      Hey Johndoe,

Thanks for your reply.
      If as you might think he has PP does the T dont scare him away then ?
      As a raise for example of T/T or AT from me is possible ?
      a pp JJ he would have 3-betted in my opinion.
      That would mean in your opinion he would be calling with a middle pocketpair, with an overcard on the board.

As for the trackingsoftware (pokertracker 3), I can only see % c-bet succesfull.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      I'm not sure if this applies to your opponent as you've posted just two stats. He could be hyperaggressive floater or whatever but I won't take that into account unless I have reads or stats. I'm talking about a standart opponent on NL4 who won't fold pocket pair on this board because they are too curious and cannot handread.

Also generally people on NL4 are too passive to 3bet JJ preflop or on this flop. Imo bad opponent could raise TT but you'll see calls more often. Not sure what did you mean by raising AT from you.

I'm not familiar with PT as I'm using HM2 but there should be something like advanced filters.
    • pokerliz
      pokerliz
      Bronze
      Thanks for your repy Johndoe1313, i appreciate it.
      I am really trying to get the hang of MSS strategy and appreciate your view and opinion about this hand.
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      NH, you can't play it in an other way without stats.
      If the turn Card is something like J+ you can 2nd barrel, because that is a card that is often in your range, and it is scary to villain.
    • pokerliz
      pokerliz
      Bronze
      Hey there ctstc,

thanks for your opinion but can you explain why that would be a scare card for villain ?
      I think that villains somehow only call pfr with pocketpairs or any picturecard, like KQ, AJ, KJ etc. therefore in my opinion the J card is also very much in villains range.
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      I mean the Turn Card. Villain often folds Overcards on the Flop and Calls something like PocketPairs, TopPair etc.
      If on the Turn a higher card comes, you can have a better Pair, or if he didn't hit on the Turn he often will fold, because he won't call 2 streets with OCs.