[NL2-NL10] Nl2 sh0rthanded

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Polaw(BB) $1.60 - VP: PFR: AF: W: STL: 3B: CB: N:0

Pre Flop: Me(BTN) with [T :diamond: ,7 :diamond:]
      drey2011_kzn(MP) folds, burkar(MP) calls 0.02, Me(BTN) calls 0.02, snakemedic(SB) folds, Polaw(BB) checks

Flop: (7 :heart: ,9 :diamond: ,5 :spade:) (3 players)
      Polaw(BB) checks, burkar(MP) checks, Me(BTN) bets 0.04, Polaw(BB) calls 0.04, burkar(MP) folds

Turn: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Polaw(BB) checks, Me(BTN) checks

River: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Polaw(BB) bets 0.08, Me(BTN) calls 0.08

Final:
      Polaw(BB) shows [9 :spade: ,4 :heart:]
      Me(BTN) mucks [T :diamond: ,7 :diamond:]
      Polaw(BB) wins 0.30
  • 8 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I don't like limping in behind IP. If we want to play this hand we should raise it preflop otherwise we should just fold.

By raising we get initiative, isolate the weaker player (limper) and have a chance of taking the pot down now.

As played I would also fire the turn for thin value and protection (versus overcards/draws).

Once we check the turn back and all draws miss on the river we have to look him up more often than not, especially for the smaller bet.

As a side note please try to post your hands in a different format where we can also see the opponents stack sizes as well as pot sizes on each street. That would make the discussions much better.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      I'm sorry for the wrong format. I can't afford Holdem Manager nowadays, so
      i can't do anything about it. Should i have called if he shoved, bet pot or overbetted the pot against an unknown in this situation?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      You could download PT3 or PT4. Pt3 has 60 day trial, PT4 30 days and both work well :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by hvard92
      I'm sorry for the wrong format. I can't afford Holdem Manager nowadays, so
      i can't do anything about it. Should i have called if he shoved, bet pot or overbetted the pot against an unknown in this situation?
      If we bet turn and he shoves what range do you think he does that with (same with any type of raise). At that point it would come down to what you put him on, the pot odds and our hand equity. For example our flushdraw gives us roughly 18% equity (if all outs are live).
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      i didn't bet turn.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      i didn't bet turn.
      Hi,

Yes I know you didn't.

I was saying "if" we bet it that's what would happen (answering your other question).
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Ok, if the hand was played like it was and the only exeption was that he shoved, overbeted or beted the pot. Shoudl i have called him then?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Ok, if the hand was played like it was and the only exeption was that he shoved, overbeted or beted the pot. Shoudl i have called him then?
      On the river?

No, I wouldn't call overbets here versus these type of players.