Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 120.8 BB
      SB: 101.4 BB
      BB: 67.8 BB
      UTG: 340.8 BB
      MP: 237.6 BB (VP 25 / PR 25 / 3B 0 / Hands 8)
      CO: 120 BB (VP 7 / PR 0 / 3B 0 / Hands 15)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, CO raises to 10 BB, Hero?

I think a fold would be too weak in this spot, the only hand beating us is AA and it's safe to assume that CO could be 3-betting the following range: {QQ+, AK, (TT+, AQ)}.

If we 4-bet then there is a good chance that we will isolate our range against CO to only AA since our 4-bet screams KK+ coupled with the fact that we are playing Zoom and CO seems tight from limited data. However, we could expect MP to call with worse as he seems a little looser than CO (again, the data is limited but I like to make best use of it).

By calling, we keep CO's range a little wider but this also invites MP to come and join the parade, something which I don't want to do with KK.

Therefore, I prefer 4-betting and folding to a 5-bet from CO but calling one from MP (assuming CO folds).
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

4bet/folding is going to be the worst option here.

If you think that they are only continuing with KK+ if you 4bet then just call and play postflop.
      Although this is NL10 and I do not expect too much people to fold QQ/AK in this spot so I'd rather 4b/call here.

Best,
      Plamen