This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK – IP versus Cold 3-Bet from Unknown/Tight Player ZOOM NL5

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 120.8 BB
      SB: 101.4 BB
      BB: 67.8 BB
      UTG: 340.8 BB
      MP: 237.6 BB (VP 25 / PR 25 / 3B 0 / Hands 8)
      CO: 120 BB (VP 7 / PR 0 / 3B 0 / Hands 15)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, CO raises to 10 BB, Hero?

I think a fold would be too weak in this spot, the only hand beating us is AA and it's safe to assume that CO could be 3-betting the following range: {QQ+, AK, (TT+, AQ)}.

If we 4-bet then there is a good chance that we will isolate our range against CO to only AA since our 4-bet screams KK+ coupled with the fact that we are playing Zoom and CO seems tight from limited data. However, we could expect MP to call with worse as he seems a little looser than CO (again, the data is limited but I like to make best use of it).

By calling, we keep CO's range a little wider but this also invites MP to come and join the parade, something which I don't want to do with KK.

Therefore, I prefer 4-betting and folding to a 5-bet from CO but calling one from MP (assuming CO folds).
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

4bet/folding is going to be the worst option here.

If you think that they are only continuing with KK+ if you 4bet then just call and play postflop.
      Although this is NL10 and I do not expect too much people to fold QQ/AK in this spot so I'd rather 4b/call here.

Best,
      Plamen