[NL2-NL10] Q9s

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      puke called the river... any way of getting out of this?

Known Players:
      MP2: $1,75 - 35 bb
      MP3: $2,05 - 41 bb
      CO: $5,54 - 111 bb
      BU: $1,73 - 35 bb
      SB: $2,25 - 45 bb
      BB: $10,06 - 201 bb

0,02/0,05 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.51108.1

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , 9:heart:
      SB posts small blind ($0,02), Hero posts big blind ($0,05), 4 folds, SB raises for $0,08, Hero calls

Flop: ($0,20 - 4 bb) J:spade: , T:heart: , 7:spade: (2 Players)
      SB bets $0,05, Hero raises for $0,20, SB calls

Turn: ($0,60 - 12 bb) K:spade: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,55, SB calls

River: ($1,70 - 34 bb) 4:heart: (2 Players)
      SB bets $1,40, Hero calls

SB shows Q:spade: 3:spade:
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: Looks fine bvb although villain is a bit short.

Flop: Raising is fine. We can get better hands to fold (like K or A high and some low pockets). And we retake initiative and allow ourselves to ck turn back if we want a free card.

Turn: The turn is a big scare card so villain can fold a lot of his 1p type hands that don't have many redraws however I'd still bet but probably a bit smaller to keep him in the pot with his T8/T9 or AJ (no spade) type hands.

River: Villains range for calling turn can have made flushes and straights along with 2p and sometimes a K (KQ). There are some hands that missed the river but not a lot.

What range do you put him on for donk/shoving river on us? I can't see him donking Kx or even 2p there (at least not very often). Keep in mind that we get 30% pot odds.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      dont really know actually i put him on flush almost always, but folding seemed a bit weak :(
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by zumpar
      dont really know actually i put him on flush almost always, but folding seemed a bit weak :(
      You need 30% pot odds so you need him to bluff or bet a worse hand at least 3 out of 10 times to break even. If it's hard for us to even find one or two hands that can play like this then calling doesn't make much sense.

Why do you feel it's weak to fold? Folding when you know you are beat is actually a pretty "strong" move, a move that separates you from the weaker players that you try to valuebet against.