$49.75
      SB:
      $44.23
      BB:
      $46.50
      MP2 (Hero):
      $102.43

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BU calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.75) 4, 9, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.75) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BU raises to $12.00.

Final Pot: $26.25.

SB 179 hands
      24/9

BB tight reg

Villain BU 2.1k hands
      18/15/6
      call open BU 13%
      fold to cbet flop 58%
      raise cbet flop 18% (45)
      raise cbet turn 0% (6)
      WTSD 28%
      WWSF 44%

No dynamics.
  • 9 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      First of all, I puke at the raise. Whenever someone does this all I can think is WTF are you trying to do?

He is either a) trying to bluff you off TT+ type hands or b) raising for value + free showdown with his Ax. The problem is he still has some FH combos in his range so I don't feel too good about 3betting to stick it in since I doubt we will ever be ahead or even doing well enough to justify because of dead money or anything of the sort.

I think you can call because he is not betting 100% of the time on the river and you do have SOME outs plus awesome pot odds obviously. I would be very interested in his hand though and definitely make a note since he is a regular you will see often.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $49.25
      CO:
      $72.96
      BU:
      $49.75
      SB:
      $44.23
      BB:
      $46.50
      MP2 (Hero):
      $102.43

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BU calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.75) 4, 9, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.75) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BU raises to $12.00, Hero calls $6.50.

River: ($32.75) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $33.75(All-In),

Final Pot: $66.5.

Though hand, geez.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah, now I would just fold. :D

Don't think he expects you to call light on turn, so his shoving range prob won't have many bluffs. You need to be correct like 35% of the time, way too much imo. Don't think he is good enough to bluff so often with this exact line, nor aggro enough to value shove AJ and A8 sort of hands.

His WWSF is also low which means he usually doesn't get too crazy after the flop is dealt. I think turn is tougher because there it doesn't make as much sense to raise vs UTG barreling. Maybe it does and I just don't know it yet. ?(

When stuff like this happens I usually think about alternative lines because AQ is quite a good hand in my range. I think what hands can I call turn, call any river with and how would stuff like checking turn affect my range. You rarely, if ever barrel as a bluff on that card so you instantly weaken your checking range on the turn when you bet AQ. Then, do you miss value from anything if you check? He prob bets AQ himself, close whether he calls a hand like TT imo, flushdraws aren't thrilled either, might bet IP on turn sometimes.

Overall, it's just hard to make money vs reg being OOP so I very often take line to maximize chances I go to showdown. I 'slowplay' quite a few strong hands so to speak but I don't do it because I wanna ram and jam all the money but just so I don't give up as often with my range. It looks weak, I get bluffs and too thin vbets from my opponents and I learn a lot when I go to showdown about their tendencies.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So I actually think that check/calling the turn is a great idea.

1stly, he doesn't have many worse Ax cause he looks really nitty. I think only AJ.

2ndly; It's great to balance our checkrange as you said because we give up all our bluffs on the turn. He can bet a lot, even PP's for free SD and thin value (which looks pretty std vs our turn checking range).

So is this the right conclusion?

I think it's very hard to find out such things whilst playing though :(
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this is NL50. and the opponent in question is a passive donk. Checking Turn is a big mistake IMO. just bet bet bet. against a tougher player then perhaps check for deception and balance.

As played I cry on the River and fold, we now lose to AT. If he has worse AX then :f_biggrin:
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      this is NL50. and the opponent in question is a passive donk. Checking Turn is a big mistake IMO. just bet bet bet. against a tougher player then perhaps check for deception and balance.

As played I cry on the River and fold, we now lose to AT. If he has worse AX then :f_biggrin:
      Whut? Passive donk?

We are playing vs BTN. Look at the stats above :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      oh why did u post SB stats xD

ok i guess you could argue for a check on the Turn vs a nit then
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by mbml
      oh why did u post SB stats xD

ok i guess you could argue for a check on the Turn vs a nit then
      Because it might influence the BU calling range :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hmmm it could, like i expect a stronger player to slowplay more often with fish in blinds from the BU. But this guy is 18/15 and nits are usually not very good players. I don't really expect him to adjust too much by slowplaying his monsters and widening his calling range.