CO = (€3.56)
      BU = (€9.12)
      SB = (€1.86)
      BB = (€2.73)
      UTG2 = (€11.52)
      MP1 (Hero) = (€8.12)
      MP2 = (€1.44)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to €0.20, 3 folds, BU calls €0.20, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: (€0.47) 3, 6, J (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.30, BU calls €0.30.

Turn: (€1.07) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.65, BU calls €0.65.

River: (€2.37) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets €1.10, BU raises to €3.00, Hero calls €1.90.

Final Pot: €8.37.

Results:

Hero shows three of a kind, queens(Q Q).
      BU shows a flush, ace high(9 A).

BU wins with a flush, ace high(9 A).

I fold to a shove obviously, but can I fold here ? Would you rather check/call river ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Do we have any information on the opponent?

Below I am assuming that villain is an unknown player.

On this connected flop I'd like a bigger cbet for value and protection.

Turn is an interesting card because on one hand it completes the flush and on the other it puts an overcard down that may scare the opponent off of 1p type hands.

So if we bet the turn, and he is not a complete fish, we can expect him to fold a lot of hands including Jx and lower pairs while only calling with made hands (flushes) and some 1p+draw (like AhJ). If we check we can let him bet some of his potential flop floats, flushes and some hands with draws and unless the bet is too large we can check call. If he checks behind we know, almost always, that we have the best hand and can valuebet the river.

As played what do we expect to get value from on the river? In other words what do you expect villain to call you with (and raise with)?
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Opponent is unknown.

Yeah I pretty much agree with everything. Basically I bet the turn because I wanted to protect my hand against A:hX type hands and also for value since I might've still had the best hand and if I didn't I had outs for the full house on the river.

As played...well I guess QJ, and smaller sets might call but I'm clearly not beating anything but a bluff if I call the raise.

So would you think that taking a WA/WB approach on the turn is the way to go ?
    • cgoldie
      cgoldie
      Bronze
      I think a bet on the turn is ok to protect your hand but you need to be either checking the turn or the river to allow him to have a bluff eange and a value range that you beat e.g. Other sets jq, aq etc. Unless you have solid reads u need to fold to the raise.