An Opponent Has Initiative

• 2 replies
    • maythany
      what's his vpip in that position? Do you have HEM2? if not then I would recommend you get this software because it helps you make better decisions. Without this software, you are pretty much at a disadvantage when playing online.

You can try the free trial too. I think it's 30 days? When that runs out just use PT3 and wait until that free trial runs out and then use the money you won and buy HEM2 lol.

Back to the question about this hand. Generally, I would re-raise here with an over-pair to the board. If opponent 3-bets here then it's safe to assume that your 99 is beat.

• dogma18
      I wouldn't raise as it isolates against better hands and flush draws with overs.

If he has shown himself to be an idiot or ultra loose then maybe consider raising but usually his UTG range consists of AA-88, AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo, AJs, AJo, A10s
      KQs, QJs, J10s, also some funky suited connectors but depends on player.

Against this range you only dominate 88 when he calls, unless he calls with AK without a flush draw which might happen depending on stakes.

I would call flop and see what he does on turn as well as what card comes on turn.