$27.42
      MP2:
      $87.14
      MP3:
      $17.77
      CO:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3.10, BU folds, SB calls $2.35.

Flop: ($6.95) 5, 4, 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB calls $3.50.

Turn: ($13.95) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($13.95) K (2 players)
      SB bets $19.18(All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.95.
      his stats in 8 hands vpip63
      pfr25 af1 wtsd33 w$sd100
      in this case,should I bet on the turn as well?
  • 1 reply
    • Keyser1
      Keyser1
      Bronze
      Hi daisuke3823,

Even though 8 hands is clearly an insufficient sample size to be sure, SB is almost certainly a weak player based on his stats and his preflop flat, then flat of your squeeze OOP. Against a weak player (and against most regs as well) you should bet this turn. Villain is very unlikely to fold 66-TT or even 4x when there's only one overcard and he still beats AK (AK being what the majority of weaker players always think you have when you 3bet). A weak player like SB is also likely to call with a weak draw like 67 or with turned clubs.

As a general rule weak players tend to call bets more often than they bet themselves, so the way to get value in this hand is by betting the turn, not by checking the turn in hopes of inducing a river bet. This is doubly true on this board texture of 554r against this preflop action: SB is more likely to have a pair or a hand with SD value given the lack of available draws, which should make him less likely to bluff the river. It's also true on a majority of other boards. When you have a decently strong 2nd pair type hand (and sometimes even worse) I recommend just betting the turn and checking back the river rather than checking turn. You give away too much free equity when you check and you'd be surprised by the amount of worse pairs and draws that weak players call with on the turn.

I think your fold on the river is correct because the king is a card that hits your range more than his. Of course this villain is unlikely to be thinking too much about ranges, but I am sure he realizes that you having AK is likely but he shoves anyway, which makes me confident that he can beat JJ.